Saturday, January 23, 2010

28.) Patience is a Virtue

Soundtrack Song - The Donnas, What Do I Have to Do

The knock at the door couldn’t have come at a better time. As much as I enjoyed kissing Kris, I always reached a point where I had to stop before I wanted to do something else to him, like put my lips elsewhere and let my hands roam toward more sensitive areas. I could feel my body heat up, like I was suddenly contracting a fever, and I knew that we had to stop before pure lust took over my body like a pod person.

Kris let go, seemingly completely unaffected like I was. It really sucked; either he had the willpower of a saint or I lacked the steel will he had. As he walked to the door with his wallet, I let out a frustrated breath of air and wished I was one of those “good” girls that liked the idea of waiting. However, I most definitely was not.

Not only was I mad at him for not calling and letting me worry about him since Saturday’s game, but now I was sexually frustrated, too. As pissed as I was, I didn’t really want to leave either. The situation should have been simple, but it wasn’t. I was trapped by my attraction to him, which seemed to outweigh the mental aggravation he caused me. I knew that it was selfish of me to be so angry at him for not letting me know how he was, but I never claimed to be a good person. He was the one who was injured and in pain, yet I was the one making a fuss about being hurt.

It was such an utter relief to know that he was okay. I couldn’t stand the idea that he might have been seriously injured, that I would have to lose someone else that way. I couldn’t stand the idea of losing him. Mr. Sensitive, as I liked to call him, finally was showing his flaws. He got so caught up in his own feelings that, for once, he overlooked mine. I was still mad, but I couldn’t be too mad. He was human, after all, and plus, I was getting to see a side of him that he had previously hidden.

Figuring out why it bothered him so much was easy. When you lose someone close to you, everything somehow comes down to that. It’s like you carry their death around with you always, like a trinket in your pocket—you can forget about it temporarily, but you can never fully erase it from your memory.

Kris paid the delivery person and lugged the bag into his kitchen. “Are you hungry, Jo?”

“No,” I replied, deciding to join him in the other room. Not for food, anyway.

He fumbled with the knot in the bag, so I playfully hip-checked him out of the way so I could do it for him. “What are you doing?” he asked.

“Go sit down. I’ll do it.”

He scowled again, looking just as cranky and miserable as he did when I had showed up. “I’m not handicapped. I don’t need you to take care of me like I’m suddenly an invalid.”

Why do people get such attitudes when you try to do something nice for them? Knowing that he was dealing with a variety of unpleasant emotions, I tried to keep my own in check to avoid making this situation worse. “You’re right. You’re fully capable of doing this yourself. But I want to help. I want you to let me take care of you. You know, crush your medicine and mix it with your applesauce. Wait on you hand and foot. Whatever you need.” When my joking didn’t lighten the mood, I turned serious. We were starting to flip our roles as I became the nurturing one. “I feel really helpless in this situation, and I just want to be able to do something for you. You’ve done so much for me.”

“Okay,” he finally assented. He wrapped an arm around my stomach and pulled my back against his front in an awkward hug. I relished in feeling the length of his body against mine, that is, until he pressed his lips against my neck. “Thank you.”

I tensed, trying not to react to his touches. Really, I don’t think Kris had any idea how much he affected me. “You’re welcome. Now go sit down,” I commanded. The fever was coming back, and I needed some distance to cool off again.

“You know what? I think I’ve lost my appetite,” he mumbled, and I could feel his lips move against my skin as he spoke. The contact—and the possible implications of his statement—made me shiver.

“Seriously, Kris, you need to stop.” My body betrayed me, arching against him slightly and tilting my head to the side to give his mouth better access to my neck. I didn’t want him to stop, but if he didn’t, I couldn’t be held accountable for my actions. My heart was pounding, my mind was racing, and I couldn’t catch my breath. I wanted him so bad. I hated that I always had to ask him to back off because I couldn’t handle it. Every time we were this close, this happened.

“Well, what if I told you that I didn’t want to stop this time?” Kris’s whispered words only served to fuel the fire. His hand moved across my stomach, and the thin fabric of my shirt didn’t do much to act as a buffer. “Jo?”

I turned slowly so I was facing him; he didn’t back away, so the lengths of our bodies were still touching when I could finally look up at his face and into his eyes. Was this it? Did Kris finally feel ready? And, more importantly, was I mentally prepared for this now, after being so upset at him?

The corner of his mouth curled upward, and his eyes sparkled. “I’ve never seen you speechless before.”

“If you’re not serious, then don’t tease me.” I put my hands on his sides, feeling through the material the body that I so badly wanted to touch and explore.

“No teasing. Jo, I want to make love to you.” I closed my eyes as he said that, almost in disbelief that I was hearing it. “Will you let me make love to you?”

I chuckled lightly, opening my eyes again. There was the sensitive, caring man I knew so well. “Not if you have to ask. You never... ever... have to ask me for permission.”

He laughed, too, before closing the distance between our mouths. His kisses were soft and sweet, just enough to entice me into wrapping my arms around his neck and wordlessly beg for him to follow through on his offer. After a few moments, he pulled back and grabbed my hand, guiding me toward the back of his apartment and into his bedroom. I felt giddy and anxious and... nervous. It didn’t just feel like our first time together; it felt like my first time ever.

When we were in the room, I wasn’t sure what to do. I mean, I knew what to do, and I knew what I wanted to do, but I was scared to make the first move. It was new to me, to be in this position and be so timid. Kris looked back at me, and we smiled at each other. “I wish this could be more romantic and less spur of the moment. Do you want me to put on some music?”

The mental image of Marvin Gaye’s “Let’s Get It On” playing in the background and rose petals spread across the bed was slightly hilarious to me. I shook my head. “No, this is good enough for me.” I bit my lip as I reached for the hem of his shirt, standing on my tiptoes as I tried to pull it over his head. He helped me, taking extra care with his shoulder. Once his shirt was off, I could see the angry, purple sign of his injury. Kris grimaced slightly as he discarded his top. I didn’t want to say it, afraid to make him angry and ruin the moment, but I asked, “Are you going to be okay for this?”

I didn’t expect him to smirk good-humoredly, but that’s what he did. “Are you telling me you want to wait?”

“I just don’t want to hurt you or make it worse.” Despite the bruise, he looked so good. His taut, defined muscles. The even, tan color of his skin. I wanted to run my tongue over every ridge and furrow of his abs. It would have been the right thing to do, to wait until he was in better condition, but I really, really didn’t want to wait. Like I said, I’m selfish.

“I’ll manage,” he promised, reaching for my shirt. I raised my hands over my head as he slowly removed it. I shook my head, letting my hair fall back down to my shoulders. Before I could use my turn to pull down his sweats, he reached out for the button of my jeans. With fingers moving so slowly, he threaded the button from its hole and tugged on the zipper, millimeter by painstaking millimeter. Then he grabbed the waist of my pants and carefully pulled so that only my jeans slid down my legs.

I stepped out of my pants as they fell down to my ankles, wishing that I had been more judicious when I had frantically selected my clothes. I had been in such a frenzied state because I wanted to see if he was okay so badly, that I hadn’t worried if my underwear matched. Kris, however, thankfully didn’t seem to notice or, at the very least, care that my panties were blue and striped and my bra was solid purple.

He kissed me again, still sweetly yet also more passionately. I ran my hands down his chest and past his waist, hooking my thumbs under the elastic band of his pants and pushing them down. I admired the way his thick, skater legs stemmed out from his boxers. With the removal of each piece of clothing, his body continued to impress me. I knew it—he—wouldn’t let me down.

As I reached for his boxers, he grabbed my wrists. “Not yet.”

Groaning, I complained, “I thought we were done with waiting? I’m ready now.”

Kris pulled me down to the bed with him so we were both sitting, and then he lowered me down so I was lying beneath him. The pressure of his hard, warm body was driving me wild, and I squirmed beneath him and rubbed every part of my body against his with a moan. “We’re not waiting. We’re just going slow, and we’re doing it right.”

“There’s no wrong way,” I teased him, still thinking that we were wearing too many articles of clothing.

Kris smirked again, obviously hearing my comment but ignoring it. He inserted a finger underneath my bra strap, slowly pulling it off my shoulder and kissing down my arm as he lowered it. I watched as he moved his mouth to my chest, kissing and licking along the edge of the cup of my bra, before finding my hardened nipple through the cotton fabric. I hissed and arched my back instinctively, no longer able to watch. I reached behind me and unhooked myself before I straightened my back and lay down again.

He took my hands in his, intertwining our fingers and pinning my hands back against the bed. “Hasn’t anyone ever told you that patience is a virtue?”

“Hasn’t anyone ever told you that life is too short to play games?”

“Hmm. You must have forgotten that I play games for a living.”

I couldn’t help myself—I had to laugh. Even in the midst of getting down, we were laughing. It was more than sex. He looked down at me, laughter in his eyes, and that’s when I knew that this is why he had insisted on waiting. He wanted to foster this connection and encourage it, like a green-thumbed gardener with a blossoming seedling. It’s why I was feeling so anxious, excited, and nervous. It meant something with Kris, versus how it had been with everyone else.

For whatever reason, that realization made me hotter for him. I squeezed his hands and leaned forward to kiss him. With our lips pressed together, he let go and finished the task of discarding my bra, then gently cupping my breasts and sliding down my body so he could once again put his mouth to better use. Even though his hair was shorter than what I would have preferred, it was still long enough for me to run my fingers through it and grab a fistful.

My whole entire body was humming with electricity and need, and I didn’t think I could possibly wait a moment more. It wasn’t just that I had been enjoying what he was doing; I had had weeks to envision and plan for this, and the anticipation had been the greatest turn on. I let out a whimper, thinking that I would surely explode if this didn’t happen soon.

When Kris peered down at me, he must have seen that pure desperation and mercifully decided to put me out of my misery. I lifted my hips and he grabbed my panties, dragging them down my legs and letting his fingertips caress my flesh all the while. I grabbed a pillow and situated it underneath myself before he stripped himself of his boxers and slid a condom down onto his hard dick. I made sure I was propped up enough so he wouldn’t have to lean forward and put any strain or pressure on his shoulder.

He held onto my hips with one hand as he guided his cock toward my entrance. I closed my eyes in sublime pleasure as I felt the head slide easily into me, but I forced myself to open them back up when he didn’t continue.

Kris slid back out and then reinserted, allowing himself to move in a little more. Then he repeated by pulling out and pushing slowly back in, once again a little further. He did that over and over until, at last, he was fully inside me and I finally felt complete.

“Are you okay?” he asked breathlessly, looking down at me with hooded, bedroom eyes.

“Never better,” I promised. No other man had bothered to ask me such a question mid-coitus; it was refreshing. If anyone else had done it, I probably would have laughed at him, but I liked that Kris had wanted to make sure I was enjoying it. “Are you okay?” I repeated, pushing my pelvis up against his.

He moaned and began to move inside of me. “Never better.”

9 comments:

  1. OMG I did not expect that to happen at all!!!

    I'm speechless....

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Didnt think that was going to happen yet!!! But very glad it did. Kris is so cute :) Awesome Chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh my gooood!!!!!!
    So that was unexpected! With him being upset and all about his injury..I figured more fighting for this chapter..not love making!

    UGH, so amazing!
    You make him seem perfect! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made my day! I just saw that the Caps & Devils won, which made an already bad day really SUCK. I wasn't expecting an update since you posted last night, but decided to check just in case.
    I was delighted to see a new chapter, and WHAT A CHAPTER!!

    I liked that Jo understood that this is what Kris was waiting for. The comfort level with each other, the teasing, tenderness and want, that make it more than just sex.
    Thanks for not making Kris shy about this. You kept his character kind and caring, but still a guy who knows what he's doing. Condom and all. I had to laugh because of course Kris would be responsible enough to practice safer sex.

    I love your writing, I wasn't sure you could have a story better than Paper Perfect, but I think you topped yourself! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jay... You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh my godd!!
    ahh i wasn't expecting that to happen yet!!
    but it sure was a great time for it to happen.
    wonder why kris had the sudden change of heart

    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. UGH I AM DYING! I should not have read this before going to bed... oh lordy! The Jonny Toews picture and now this... you ladies might kill me, seriously.

    I was definitely hoping, but not expecting this AT ALL!! And it was sooooo fantastic!
    Not just in the sex theme either, but this whole update was so eloquently written.

    "“No teasing. Jo, I want to make love to you.” I closed my eyes as he said that, almost in disbelief that I was hearing it. “Will you let me make love to you?”"
    ^^ I seriously melted... I did an out-loud "Awwww!" And now I want someone to love me =( lol.

    I swear, there are so many things that I want to comment on but... I just don't know where to begin!

    "He wanted to foster this connection and encourage it, like a green-thumbed gardener with a blossoming seedling."
    ^^ Only you would be able to come up with a description so fantastic!

    There was so much more that I wanted to comment on but... ugh... I just don't know what to say!
    You know that I love everything you write, but this was just... incredible! So, so great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...wait, I have to pick myself up off the floor...oh no, here I go on the floor again...perfect, girl, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HELL YEAH! Hahahaha that was my serious reaction while I was reading this. Hell. Yeah.

    Awesome awesome awesome awesome! (:

    ReplyDelete