Tuesday, March 2, 2010

51.) Sorry

Let's go Pens!

Soundtrack Song - Emanuel, Make Tonight

I couldn’t stop. Not that I necessarily wanted to stop, but I wouldn’t have been able even if I had wanted to. The only way this was going to end was if Jo ended it.

When Jo had called, I had been nothing short of relieved. It had been a week since we’d seen each other at that restaurant, and I waited and waited, hoping to hear from her. Hoping she wasn’t still mad. So when she called and said she missed me—and even better that she never hated me—it was impossible to not feel overjoyed. I quickly threw off my sweats and tossed on jeans and a shirt, stopping only at the store quickly. Presents can’t buy affection, but I thought of it more like a peace offering.

And when I showed up, Jo was... herself. She didn’t look at me like she held a grudge, nor did she slight me in any way. She was joking around with me, and she was kind and warm, and it just felt like old times. When it was just Jo and me, things between us were to easy. Which is why it felt so natural to kiss her when I found myself on top of her on the couch.

It was a feathery light kiss, at first, until she put her arms around me. Then the dynamics changed completely. I wasn’t sure why she was kissing me back, if it was just because of the familiarity of our actions or what. But if I didn’t pull back to ask her why, then she couldn’t change her mind. That’s why I kept kissing her and kissing her: so Jo couldn’t use her mouth tell me that she wanted me to stop.

She pulled on my shoulders, bringing me closer to her. I was worried that I was going to press her into the couch or crush her, but if that were the case, she didn’t care. Reaching down, I slid my hands under her tank top just enough so I could hold onto her bare waist. Her right leg hooked around mine, and I felt her foot run up my inner leg.

Jo turned her head, breaking our mouths apart for air. I waited for her to voice her opinion and state that this was a bad idea, but the words never came. So I nibbled my way down to her neck and bit softly on her thin flesh, surprised to hear her encourage me. “Yes, Kris.”

As she spurred me on, my hand moved higher up on her torso but stopped right below the swell of her breast. She ran her hands through my hair in a way that made me look back at her, and I noticed again how it seemed like her eyes had darkened, from hazel to dark, dark brown. Maybe it was an effect of the dim lighting around us, or the bluish cast of light coming off the television.

Our mouths crashed together once again. She nipped at my bottom lip, and it made me groan. My hand finished its journey upward, cupping her breast as my thumb circled her hardening nipple. Jo gasped and pushed me away. I sat up, knowing this moment was coming; this was when she was going to wake me up from my wonderful dream.

She sat up, too, slowly reaching for the hem of her tank top. Her eyes locked with mine as she pulled it over her head, wearing no bra underneath. When I finally looked back up at her face, there was a smile on her lips. Quickly, she looked down and then back up as she bit her lip. Her expression was almost timid or sheepish, for the first time—ever—since I had known her. For the life of me, I couldn’t figure out why. Jo was the kind of girl who took what she wanted; no regrets, no excuses.

Without a word of explanation or reason, Jo leaned forward and reached for my red t-shirt, perching herself up on her right knee as she yanked at the fabric to get it off me. She tossed it to the side as she watched me and waited for my next move. I licked my lips, almost worried to push my luck and surrender to my desires and wants. But damn I wanted this: to be with her again in the most intimate way possible. To hold each other’s potential for pleasure or disappointment and make it happen, to be with each other at our most vulnerable, to come together.

Jo lay back down on the couch and stretched out her legs on either side of me as she threw her hands over her head. She raised her hips and wiggled them. Her voice was husky as she teased me, “Are you going to help or make me do everything?”

My fingers pulled at the drawstrings of her shorts before pulling them down, revealing every inch of her soft skin as I carefully tugged the material over her cast. The sounds of the television faded away as I beheld the sight in front of me. Jo was naked, stretched out, exposed. Even though she appeared somewhat unsure, she was the one making all of the first moves, and each time I had to call or fold—and I had no idea what kind of hand she was holding.

I undid my fly and stood to step out of my jeans. Grabbing my wallet out of my back pocket, I fished out the foil wrapper that I always carried with me. I never actually thought I’d have a need for this; I was usually better prepared. And I definitely didn’t think I’d need it tonight.

Turns out, I didn’t need it yet. Jo sat back up and faced me as I stood next to the couch, and before I knew it, she took my dick in her mouth. The hot, wet, and rough texture of her tongue felt overwhelmingly amazing. I’m pretty sure that my eyes rolled back into my head; it had been a long, long month. I had to stop her before she sent me too close to the edge, or else she wouldn’t be enjoying this night nearly as much as I would want to.

Kneeling on the floor between her legs, I pulled her by her hips until she was sitting on the edge of the cushion. I spread her folds apart with my left-hand fingers and dove in, head first. Sweeping my tongue firmly but gently across her swollen nub, I watched for her reaction. Jo leaned against the back of the couch and grabbed the pillows on either side of her. When I sucked her clit into my mouth and softly pulled it between my teeth, she sighed and screamed.

“Please,” she eked out, and with that mere one word, I knew exactly what she wanted. I sat on the couch, tearing open the foil and allowing Jo to roll the condom onto my shaft with long, steady movements of her hands. She was teasing me, and I couldn’t take it anymore. Pulling her onto my lap, I kissed her again with urgent passion.

Jo straddled my lap and tried to adjust her weight comfortably, considering her leg cast. It was difficult for her to balance, and although I understood and sympathized, I grew impatient. With one last kiss on her lips, I carefully spun her around so she was sitting on my lap, with her back against my front. I slouched down and adjusted our positions so I could finally push my way inside her and slide home, into Jo.

It wasn’t my favorite position; I wanted to be able to see her face and all the intricate expressions she made during sex. This wasn’t as personal or intimate, but we had to work with how she could move—and I couldn’t wait long enough to help her up the stairs and into her bed. I was sorry that I couldn’t make this mean more, to show her everything I was feeling. She shifted, once again trying to balance herself so she could move and set the pace she wanted. “Kris, I can’t,” she whined.

“Relax,” I instructed her, running my hands from her knees, up her thighs, over her stomach, to her breasts. Even though I couldn’t see it, and even though it had been weeks since our last time, I knew the shape of her body. I squeezed gently, pinching her nipples before I trailed my hands back down again. My hands finally settled on her hips again, and I began to move her, up and down. While the condom dulled the sensations slightly, it wasn’t enough to substantially delay my gratification.

Jo brought her right foot up on the couch to anchor herself, allowing me to have a little more freedom of movement. I leaned forward and pressed my lips against her shoulder, wrapping my left arm around to touch her pleasure center and speed things along for her as well. She held herself up as I began to move my hips and pump myself into her, harder and harder as I adjusted to the new arrangement of our bodies.

Her nails dug into my knees as she tilted her head back. My mouth attacked her neck as she cried out, over and over again. “Oh, yes. Kris. Oh! Kris!” she sibilated, drawing out the “s” in my name like a snake slithering beneath the desert sun.

“I’m close,” I whispered in her ear.

“Me, too. Don’t stop,” she begged, turning her head so our lips could meet, drawn together like magnets. It only took a few more thrusts before I couldn’t hold back anymore. Her body tensed around mine, and I pressed my forehead against her back as I emptied myself into the condom.

We sat there for a moment, neither of us moving from our spots on the couch. Finally, she pushed herself off me, and our bodies separated with a wet, sucking sound. Jo reached for her shorts and slipped them back on, and she handed me my boxers. Not knowing what her action meant, I stepped into them and pulled them up.

Jo, sensing my unease, did what she does best and took control of the situation by showing me what she wanted. She grabbed the fleece blanket draped across the back of the couch and wrapped us up in it. I pulled her close against me and we lay down on the couch. There wasn’t much room for the two of us, so I stretched out on my back and she rested on top of me.

The moment felt perfect, like things were back to the way they were. Jo grabbed the remote from the coffee table and lowered the volume, but kept the show playing. She pressed her right hand against my sternum, rested her left cheek against the back of her hand, and focused on television. I held onto her loosely, enjoying the way we were wrapped up together, wondering if I should say something and trying to think of what I could possibly say at this moment, but I felt sleep tugging at my eyelids. I was asleep within minutes.

When I woke up, it was morning. I felt so displaced, and it took me a moment to realize where I was: alone, on Jo’s couch. My body ached; sleeping that way was not a good idea. I should’ve known better, considering the last time we’d slept here, I had to get gum cut out of my hair.

I got up and put my jeans back on as I started to look around for Jo. I found her in the kitchen, supported by her crutches and hovering over the stove with a spatula in her hand. “Good morning,” I bade her. “Whatcha doing?”

“Making breakfast,” she explained. I raised an eyebrow, wondering how this was possible. Jo couldn’t bake a frozen pizza if her life depended on it; she lived off MTOs. “What? I’ve had a lot of free time, stuck in the house with nothing to do. And no way to get to Sheetz, so I kinda had to learn to cook.”

“I’m not sure if I believe you.”

She laughed, resting a hand over her stomach. “Nothing to do but cook and eat. These ten pounds should be enough to prove it to you.”

“I didn’t notice. You look good to me,” I confessed, surprised to find that it made her blush. She glanced back down at the pancakes cooking in front of her. “Listen, Jo, about last night—”

“You don’t have to say it,” she cut me off.

“Say what?” I was confused.

Jo shook her head. “Your apology. I can tell by the sound of your voice.”

“Well, I am sorry, about how—”

“Seriously, Kris, stop,” she sighed, fumbling with the spatula in her hand. “Hook-ups happen. I should have known that was why you came over so quickly. No need to apologize.”

I stood there with my mouth agape, trying to figure out how she could think that. “I don’t just ‘hook up,’ Jo, you know that.”

“Which is why you want to say you’re sorry, but I mean, no biggie. Force of habit, right? You and I were just going through the familiar motions.”

At first I nodded, thinking that she was telling me that she didn’t have the same feelings regarding last night as I did. That she adhering to the “friends” limitation we had agreed upon, and that last night was an error in judgment on our parts. We were supposed to be friends, and we had definitely overstepped that boundary.

But then I was disgusted by the insinuation that I would use her like that. “No. I kissed you because I wanted to, not out of habit,” I spat, feeling kind of angry that she would even assume that of me. Maybe every other guy she knew was like that, but not me. “I slept with you because I wanted to, because it felt right. If you didn’t—don’t—feel that way, then that’s one thing, but don’t assume—”

“I didn’t. I don’t. But when you sounded so...” she sighed, shaking her head. “Like you were trying to find a way to... I don’t know.”

“I was going to apologize, but not for what happened last night. For how. I just really missed you, and I needed to be with you. I’m sorry if I was a little, well, rough.”

That’s what you’re sorry for?” she laughed. “Please, don’t be. I’m not.” She turned the stove burner off, slid the skillet away from the heat, and turned to look at me. “Unless, of course, you think we should try it again.” Jo pushed herself up on the counter, setting her crutches away from her. She crooked her finger, but I was already stepping between her legs as she invited me to.

9 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA oh Kris, it's a good thing Jo's so laid back...

    Excellent chapter Jay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well Jo.
    you better not be fucking with kris.
    GET BACK TOGETHER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "To hold each other’s potential for pleasure or disappointment and make it happen, to be with each other at our most vulnerable, to come together."

    I WANT THAT. Can you make it happen? Kay, thanks :)

    Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah back together!

    Kris so sweet and sexy.

    "It wasn’t my favorite position; I wanted to be able to see her face and all the intricate expressions she made during sex. This wasn’t as personal or intimate, but we had to work with how she could move—and I couldn’t wait long enough to help her up the stairs and into her bed. I was sorry that I couldn’t make this mean more, to show her everything I was feeling"

    And Jo so...Jo

    “That’s what you’re sorry for?” she laughed. “Please, don’t be. I’m not.” She turned the stove burner off, slid the skillet away from the heat, and turned to look at me. “Unless, of course, you think we should try it again.” Jo pushed herself up on the counter, setting her crutches away from her. She crooked her finger, but I was already stepping between her legs as she invited me to.

    I love how different they are in so many ways, but they are trying to make it work.

    Great update as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, Tillie- what you said was seriously funny. So glad their on good terms again.

    -elle

    ReplyDelete
  6. They make me heart melt. I love how much they contrast, and they just work. Ugh. I am officially butting Tillie in line for that :D. As always I anxiously await the next update.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yah for feeling like I'm finally caught up with everything!! I had to go back and read the last few posts cause, 1) they were awesome, and 2) with all the random crap going on in life, I feel like I'm not giving them the attention that they deserve.

    Anyway... here we go!

    "Presents can’t buy affection, but I thought of it more like a peace offering."
    ^^ Awww! I knew Kris wasn't trying to buy her back or anything but this makes me grin... bringing a peace offering to her =P

    "I noticed again how it seemed like her eyes had darkened, from hazel to dark, dark brown. Maybe it was an effect of the dim lighting around us, or the bluish cast of light coming off the television."
    ^^ Ugh ok, one of many but... first off, this is just beautiful by it's own... secondly, your attention to detail in this update is incredible!! So many little things that add up to amazing!
    I'm not sure who I love more... Kris for noticing this, or you for inventing it and writing it lol

    "To hold each other’s potential for pleasure or disappointment and make it happen, to be with each other at our most vulnerable, to come together."
    ^^ Ok... seriously? /sigh, I'm melting. That was so poetic and perfect and... oh I don't even know... I just keep re-reading that over and over again... wow.

    "Even though I couldn’t see it, and even though it had been weeks since our last time, I knew the shape of her body"
    ^^ /love. I think I might of fallen in love with Kris. That whole mind set that he has when it comes to her... I mean, does it get any better than that? Sure, he makes mistakes but... at the core, his love doesn't falter... even when he's confused or hurt or doing something foolish.

    "“Oh, yes. Kris. Oh! Kris!” she sibilated, drawing out the “s” in my name like a snake slithering beneath the desert sun."
    ^^ Again with these little tidbits of gold! All of these details are what make the story so real! Every line you type I can picture perfectly... that truly is the sign of a phenomenal writer.

    “No. I kissed you because I wanted to, not out of habit,”
    ^^ I was SOOOO happy when he said this! I was seriously worried that he was just going to storm off and then they'd be fighting again but... YAY KRIS! Thank you for staying there and finishing this, as opposed to getting pissed and taking off.

    "She crooked her finger, but I was already stepping between her legs as she invited me to."
    ^^ Awww and now I can wait in bliss until the next post.
    What a fantastic way to end a fantastic update... this was seriously incredible and I'm so glad that they're working everything out... and are still with each other =)

    In case I didn't mention it already... this was awesome =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice, nice, nice and I loved the last few paragraphs...good for Kris for giving Jo the business about making assumptions, and give for them both for getting it together.

    Fabulous, as always, darlin'...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awa! I loved this chapter, Jay(:

    They're so friggin perfect together it's insane. I really REALLY hope that Jo can realize this too and that they get back together for real.

    “No. I kissed you because I wanted to, not out of habit."
    ^^Kris melts my heart<3

    ReplyDelete