Wednesday, March 17, 2010

58.) Fighting Fires

Glad you liked the last post. This one goes out to three particular ladies, without each of whom this post wouldn't have been inspired. You know who you are. And I hope you have as much fun reading it as I have had while writing it.

Soundtrack Song - The Firefighter Song

I rolled over and glanced at the clock again, wondering where the hell he was. His flight was supposed to get in late—or early, depending on how you looked at it—but then he sent me a message that there was some kind of hold up so I shouldn’t wait up for him. So I had curled up in his bed and slept next to my phone, waiting for that call or text that would let me know that he was finally on his way or just outside the door.

He sent me pictures every day, showing me how his face was healing nicely. It was a cute gesture, because not only did I get to see him while he was away, but he kept reminding me that he was going to kiss me blind when he saw me because he was mended and well again: his face was no longer black and blue, but now rather greenish and yellow, and his lip was healed.

And I was completely fine with his promise. I missed Kris. I was confused without him, floundering around without much purpose. That stupid fight he got into with Hartnell still troubled me, but I couldn’t stay mad at him. Of course I couldn’t; how could I? I guess he had a point, and it came with the territory. I knew that, and if I really couldn’t handle it then there was only one solution. To not be with him. But I would rather sit on pins and needles during every one of his games than wait alone without him when he wasn’t playing.

It really just sucked that he had a road trip so soon after our make-up—but I told myself that at least it was short one, just two games.

Kris didn’t ask where I was spending my time, and I didn’t tell him that I had fully taken him up on his offer and spent my nights at his place. Tubby took me to get my cast off, and it was great to be able to let my skin breathe and shave that leg. I had to wear a walking cast, but at least I could take it off to sleep and shower. And this also meant I could finally go back to work and pad my bank account again. Which would be nice in a month, when I had to buy books for my classes.

I couldn’t believe that it was nine in the morning, and I still hadn’t heard from him. I’m not gonna lie: I really started to worry that something had happened to him. I sent him a text, letting him know I was worried about him. He quickly replied that he was fine, just delayed, and that he’d be seeing me in the very near future.

Frustrated that Kris’s detainment, for whatever reason, was preventing him from coming home to me, I shook my head and told myself that I was crazy. He wasn’t even coming home to me—he was coming home to his home, to his apartment, where I just so happened to be loafing. It was going to be really weird when I would have to go back to my own house and my own bed. So I pushed myself off his comfy, Kris-scented mattress and pillow and strapped my walking cast on. While it was a pain to have to wear it, it was a better alternative to the plaster cast I had been confined to.

I debated putting on a pot of coffee. Kris didn’t usually drink it unless he truly needed a caffeine boost, and I wasn’t sure if he would need that or if he’d want to collapse in bed and sleep for a while, depending on if he had been up all night because of whatever trouble the team was encountering on their return. Maybe their flight was delayed, or their bags had been lost. Really, I had no idea what was going on. All I cared about was Kris getting his cute behind here so he could kiss me, just like he promised.

Deciding to put on a small pot, just in case he would in fact like some, I was startled by a knock on the door—making me spill coffee grinds all over the counter. I groaned and left the mess to see who the hell was outside this early in the morning, and who would even be at Kris’s door. The entire time I had been here, I’d been undisturbed. My imagination got the worst of me as I thought it could be his landlord, kicking me out because I wasn’t a tenant. Or maybe something had happened....

Once again shaking my head to dispel those bad thoughts, I grabbed the hoodie draped over the back of the couch to help cover myself since I was only clothed in Kris’s boxers and white wife beater. I stood on my toes and looked out the peephole, spying something that made my heart race and my mind panic: the top of a red fireman’s hat. Immediately, I knew that the building had to be on fire. Sure, it didn’t make sense, because the fire alarm would have gone off, and he would have been kicking down the door instead of merely knocking on it, but for some reason today I could only think of the worst possible outcomes. I tried to think of what Kris would value most and which of his possessions I should rescue.

Flinging the door open wildly, I opened my mouth to tell him that I’d evacuate in a minute, after I grabbed some things, but instead my jaw fell when I saw who was wearing the hat. His head hung low, his eyes looking at me sheepishly with an embarrassed half-smile across his lips. I forgot about whatever it was that I was going to say, stunned speechless.

He was in full firefighter garb. Mustard-yellow pants and matching unbuttoned coat, red suspenders to coordinate with his red hat, but no shirt. His dark hair fell into his eyes from underneath the hat. He cleared his throat, obviously trying to muster up the courage to speak or remember what he was going to say. He was definitely looking like a cover model for a Harlequin romance novel, but awkwardness and unease emanated off him instead of confidence and surety. “Uh, I have a report of a... fire hazard.”

I tried so hard to not let my lips curl upward. It was obvious that Kris was trying so hard, but I wasn’t sure what he was trying so hard to do. The last thing I wanted to do was laugh at him. “A fire hazard, you say?”

“Yeah. You’ve got a smokin’ hot body, and I need to inspect it. To make sure you don’t start any fires.”

Biting my lip to stop the smirk, I tried to relax my facial muscles. I kept saying to myself over and over in my head This isn’t funny, look how hard he’s trying.... This isn’t funny, look how hard he’s trying! I couldn’t, however, stop myself from asking him, “Oh yeah?”

He nodded. “I’m a firefighter. I’m an expert in what’s hot—and you’re definitely hot.”

“Hmm, I might be too hot for you to handle,” I told him, tracing my finger down his bare chest before grabbing onto a strap of his suspenders and pulling him in from the hallway. “Are you ready to get... fired up?”

His blush was as red as his hat, but Kris kept playing the charade. “Of course, ma’am. It’s all part of my job. And I’m looking for somewhere to put my big hose.”

“I’ve got somewhere for you to put your hose. But I hope you can stand the heat.” Without another cheesy line, he swept me up into arms, bridal style. I squealed as he spun me around, grabbing a hold of his neck to hold onto him, and then he carried me back toward the bedroom. “You know, my boyfriend’s supposed to be home any minute now. He’ll kick your ass.”

“Sorry, but it’s my civic duty to protect you. I’m sure he’ll understand,” he replied, dropping me carefully on the bed. I pushed myself up on my elbows, watching with rapt fascination as he slid out of the over-sized yellow coat and took of his hat, too. He stretched over top of me, forcing me to lie back as he said, “You need oxygen. I’m going to give you a little mouth-to-mouth now.”

I let him lower himself over me slowly, dying of anticipation of this long-awaited kiss. If it were up to me, I would have covered his face with sloppy kisses by now, but he had his mind set on this, so I allowed him to set the pace and do what he came here to do. The kiss started out slow and chaste, just our lips softly pressed together. It was nice, but he ended it far too soon. Kris pulled away, but I followed the movement of his body. I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. “Don’t stop.”

He shook his head with a smirk. “I’ve got to check your pulse.” Kris straddled me, pulled the sweatshirt over my head, and swept my hair away from my neck. When he leaned back over me, his fingers brushed over my carotid, and then his lips replaced his fingers. Even the simplest of touches was driving me absolutely crazy. “Your heart’s racing.”

I ran my fingers through his hair as he nibbled on that patch of sensitive flesh. “I think my temperature’s rising, too. Better show me your nozzle and cool me off.”

Kris sat back as his face flamed the color of a ripened tomato. I licked my lips as I watched him push the wide suspenders over his shoulders. He was hot enough that he really didn’t need to go to all these lengths to please me, and he definitely looked a little out of his element. This was forced and not like Kris, and I wasn’t even sure how he could do this with a straight face—because I was sure as hell having some trouble with this act. But I was still having a good bit of fun with our little game. He fumbled with the button of the pants as he fumbled with what he said next. “You wanna... slide down my firepole?”

That’s when I covered my mouth with my hands and giggled relentlessly, laughing so hard that I snorted. “Oh, Kris. ‘Slide down your firepole’? Really?”

“Stop laughing,” he said, and at first I was worried that I hurt his feelings. But then he chuckled, too. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t say you’re sorry. Just tell me, honestly... whose idea was this?”

Even the tips of his ears were pink. “Talbot’s,” he sighed. “He told me what to say and what to do. He even lent me his ridiculous costume.”

I laughed again. Of course it was Max. And of course Max had his own firefighter outfit. “Oh, it figures. Listen, Kris, you don’t have to do this.” He looked at me from underneath his long, dark lashes. “I mean it. I appreciate this, I really do.... I really, really do. In fact, I should have taken pictures,” I chuckled airily, tucking a piece of his hair behind his ear. He rolled his eyes playfully. “But you don’t have to be someone you’re not in order to make me happy.”

He moved toward me again and found his natural place between my legs, planting a searing kiss on my lips. It stole my breath away. I thought about asking him for mouth-to-mouth again. “I wanted to make sure you wouldn’t be mad at me anymore.”

Hooking my legs behind his butt, I told him, “I’m not mad. Let me show you just how ‘not mad’ I am.”

“But I wanted to do this for you.”

I thought I found a compromise between him making a generous gesture without having to step beyond his comfort level. “What did you want to do for me? Talk dirty to me, Kris, and tell me what you want to do to me.” I felt his body tense as a look of total apprehension washed over his face—even worse than when he donned the firefighter outfit. I felt bad for trying to push him out of his comfort zone again, so I tried to backtrack while keeping it PG-13. I licked his right ear, from lobe to shell. “Let me tell you what I want you to do. I want you to touch me everywhere.” I kissed his mouth and then moved to his left ear, pulling it into my mouth before I whispered, “I want you inside of me. So tell me, do you want to do that?”

“Yeah, I do.”

“What else?”

Kris paused, but he didn’t pull away. It was a few moments before he finally said, “Je me sens tellement idiot. J'aimerais mieux remettre le costume. Qu'est-ce que je suis supposé dire?” I tilted my head and looked into his eyes, searching for the meaning behind whatever it was he just said. I knew he was French-Canadian, but he never once spoke French to me before. He sounded so different; when he spoke English, he almost sounded like his mouth was full of marbles. But French sounded like music to my ears. “Tu n'as aucune idée de ce que je dis, n'est-ce pas?

“Hmm, what?”

He chuckled and kissed my neck again, reaching for my tank top and pulling it off. His fingertips trailed lightly down my stomach, and I twisted and squirmed. I moaned as his hand slipped under the waistband of the pair of boxers I was wearing. His soft caresses and quiet, mysterious phrases were lighting my nerve endings on fire. Maybe he needed that fireman’s outfit after all. “Why haven’t I made you do this sooner? Say something else.”

Ta peau est tellement douce. Aimes-tu quand je fais ça?

“That’s it. Take your pants off,” I suddenly ordered, feeling like I’d explode if this didn’t happen soon.

Non. Je veux que ça dure.

“Whatever you just said... I don’t care. Listening to you is so hot,” I explained, untangling myself from Kris just enough to tug at the snaps of my walking cast to take it off and make this romp a little more comfortable for us.

“Hey. Stop. Don’t do that,” he said, switching into English.

“It’s okay, I don’t need to wear it all the time. Just for walking.”

“But I don’t want you to put any pressure on your leg, in case it’s not strong enough. That’s the point of having the walking cast still. I don’t want to make it worse.”

“But—”

He shook his head and pressed his lips against mine to shut me up. Even though he wouldn’t let me take off the cast, he obliged me in removing both my shorts and his pants. Kris rolled on his protection and then spoke between his kisses as he kissed from my navel to my breasts. “Je veux t'embrasser partout.

“I don’t even know what you’re saying, and I don’t fucking care. Don’t stop.”

Kris smiled devilishly as he continued, “Je veux te faire l'amour tout l'avant-midi. Et quand tu es épuisée et trop fatiguée, je veux te serrer dans mes bras pendant que tu dors. Quand tu te réveilles, je veux te faire manger dans mon lit ainsi je pourrai te faire l'amour tout l'après-midi aussi.

His usage of French was enough to subdue me and cede to him. God, there was just something about listening to him that drove me wild. It didn’t matter that I had no clue what he was saying, because it sounded so sexy. I didn’t think I’d ever felt so turned on, ever. I lifted my pelvis and in an attempt to get him inside me. “Oh Kris, please. I need you in me now.”

Quoi?

“Ugh, I know you know what I’m saying. I’m so hot for you. I’ll beg, if you want me to. I need you, please.”

J'aime ça quand tu me regardes comme ça.” Kris lifted my left leg, cast and all, so it was out of his way as he allowed me to reach down and guide his dick inside of me. I let out a satisfied groan as he pushed in fully, filling me up and making me feel whole. He kept my leg elevated as he pulled out a smidge and adjusted his body position. He rocked back and forth slowly and tenderly, running his free hand around my body as he peered down at my face. “Je souhaite que nous puissions rester ainsi pour toujours.

“Faster, Kris. Harder,” I pled, trying to move my hips in sync with his. Even at this pace, I could feel my orgasm already start to build up deep within me.

Je veux que tu saches combien tu es importante pour moi.

My entire body started to tense and tighten up as my muscles clenched around him. “Oh, God. Ugh,” I moaned, feeling as he made his movements bigger and stronger without losing any of the warmth and gentleness behind them. My back arched and I pinched my eyes shut as my entire body shuddered and spasmed.

Kris slowed his pace as I recovered, but he never stopped. He leaned down again to kiss me and whisper in my ear, “La meilleure partie de tout ça c'est que ce n'est seulement que le commencement.

14 comments:

  1. Très bien fait et très drôle!
    J'aime beaucoup la ligne avec 'the big hose'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never posted a comment before, but I loved this chapter! If any of you are like me and can't speak French, I'd recommend translate.google.com - just copy and paste the text. It works great.
    I hope that Kris can tell her all those wonderful things in English soon. They made me absolutely melt. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jay, this update turned out so funny and so sweet. I didn't know what you were up to with those French lines, what a surprise! They are really perfect for each other and I love the fact that she is so comfy at Kris's apartment.

    Merci de me faire sourire :D...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. THANK YOU. Thank you so much for bringing a ridiculously big grin to my face and for making me laugh better than I have in days just from reading this chapter. It was adorable, sexy, smart and wonderful. All of your writing is amazing but this chapter was hands down my favorite thing you've ever written.

    Thanks, Jay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ughh. I swear everytime I read an update I have to emotionally prepare myself to melt into a big mess. Very, very good. The firefighter thing was hilarious, and the French, sigh.

    Fantastic update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Jay, you rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. j'aime BEAUCOUP le francais (:
    especially when kris speaks it!
    haha i can't believe talbot and his stupid firefighter outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jay, I really don't say this enough, but you're my hero. This chapter was a-fucking-mazing! Seriously. Beyond fabulous.

    When Kris was speaking French. Major, MAJOR, *Le Sigh* moment. jkshfkoajwutlafgm. He melts my heart beyond recognition. It was all so sweet and sexy and ugh I just loved it.

    “Of course, ma’am. It’s all part of my job. And I’m looking for somewhere to put my big hose.”
    ^^LMFAO I adore you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these lines "his comfy, Kris-scented mattress and pillow" & "I tried to think of what Kris would value most and which of his possessions I should rescue." How sweet of Jo!

    Now
    1.If I was Jo and opened the door to "fireman Kris" with no shirt I would have pulled him in the house by his red suspenders,and put my my lips on his so fast, he wouldn't have had time to get to "big hose"!
    2.Of course Max has a firefighter costume, makes you wonder what else is in his bag of tricks! How does he talk Kris into this stuff? It is sweet of Kris to push himself so far out of his comfort zone to please Jo.
    3.He could read me the phone book in french and it would be hot. The fact that he was saying such sweet things is even better!
    4.La meilleure partie de tout ça c'est que ce n'est seulement que le commencement.” = Lucky Lucky Jo!!!

    Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rule #1 in life Kris... never take advice from max when it comes to your girlfriend... just saying.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. His big hose. Oh god i cracked up giggling like a fool!

    “Je veux te faire l'amour tout l'avant-midi. Et quand tu es épuisée et trop fatiguée, je veux te serrer dans mes bras pendant que tu dors. Quand tu te réveilles, je veux te faire manger dans mon lit ainsi je pourrai te faire l'amour tout l'après-midi aussi.”
    ^^hands down. my favorite part.

    Great update!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok... I know I skipped commenting on the last one, but it was only because I was desperate to get to this one, when I realized what update this was lol!!

    First off, the song is even better than when you told me about it the first time LOL FAAAAANTASTIC

    "I tried to think of what Kris would value most and which of his possessions I should rescue."
    ^^ That's just adorable. I love that Jo's not thinking 'oh gee, I hope I don't die', but her first thought is about Kris and what she can do for him.

    "I tried so hard to not let my lips curl upward."
    ^^ Good luck lady! I'm not even there and I'm laughing hysterically... poor Kris. I mean, I can just imagine how hot that whole scenario would be, but, ughhh I can't help it!
    Kris is so awkward that it'd just be oober cute and endearing!

    I'm not sure what I love more... the things that Kris is saying or the fact that Jo's so able to fire one-timers back at him. And not just that, but how easily she is to play along with him lol. They're so cute together.

    Hmmm HOT HOT HOT! Everything Kris is saying, mingled with the incredible physical side... ugh! It's like the perfect blend of sweet n' sexy. Love it!

    “Je veux te faire l'amour tout l'avant-midi. Et quand tu es épuisée et trop fatiguée, je veux te serrer dans mes bras pendant que tu dors. Quand tu te réveilles, je veux te faire manger dans mon lit ainsi je pourrai te faire l'amour tout l'après-midi aussi.”
    ^^ Ok, everything Kris said was fantastic and made me swoon... but this... OOOOOO LORDY! What lady doesn't want to hear something like this? And the best/worse part is... Jo has no idea!!

    So this update, was even better than how I thought it was going to be... and yes... I thought about it a lot lol!
    On to the next one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete