Saturday, May 8, 2010

84.) One More Day

Quick note, I promise. Thanks for the incredibly thoughtful comments, everyone. You guys have really got my inspiration flowing, and I can hardly keep up with jotting my thoughts down. And thank you for the constructive criticism, too. I do appreciate every viewpoint, because it lets me get to know my audience. If I repeat myself or something seems redundant, it's because I really want to drive a specific point home--but maybe I'm underestimating your memories?

Soundtrack Song - Incubus, I Miss You

I was antsy, nervous, excited, and most definitely impatient. Just one more day. It had been tough to get through the past ten days without seeing Kris, but this separation was drawing to a close and I couldn’t possibly be any more elated.

It was tough. For all those romantic songs that croon on about how love is enough to get you through anything... damn, they don’t know shit. The only thing that kept my spirits up was this impending reunion. Eleven days apart for eight full days together; I couldn’t even let myself think about the long separation ahead of us after that.

Kris and I talked as often as we could, at least once every day, and we texted back and forth a lot. Every time something made me think of him, I let him know. He never said it was annoying, but I imagined it may have been—I just wanted Kris to know that even though he wasn’t physically with me, he was with me mentally and emotionally. To accomplish this, I sent him names of songs that reminded me of him. I sent him messages just to say that I loved him and missed him terribly, and that I couldn’t wait to kiss him, hold him, have him hold me, make love, and also have crazy hot monkey sex.

Knowing the type of guy who Kris was made it easier to be away from him; however, I did have a few tricks up my sleeve to keep him thinking of only me. Once I knew he kept his number, I ordered a home Sharks jersey with his name spelled across the back. It took five business days to get it, but it was totally worth it, especially when I took a picture of myself in it and sent it to him.

I had thrown it over my head with nothing else on, and then stood with my back to the mirror. My hair was brushed over one shoulder so he could read the name on the back. With one hand, I held my phone to take the picture message, and with my other hand, I pulled the hem of the jersey up enough to expose as much of my legs as possible—just to make it clear that there was nothing on under his jersey without actually exposing anything. Just in case he wasn’t the only one who would see this. Not that he would show it to anyone else, but I wasn’t stupid enough to sext.

When I sent him the picture, I included the line: Your #1 fan, and he literally called me within a matter of seconds. So I knew he enjoyed it—but all he ever said was that he missed me, never that he was horny or anything sexual. I couldn’t wait until we were together again; I knew the sex would be so hot, like it always was when we were apart for an extended period of time. That’s why I never pressured the topic of phone sex with him.... It was going to be totally worth it when I’d see him and jump his bones.

At this point, my countdown was down to hours. T-minus twenty-one hours and counting. For now, though, I was sitting at the bar with Tubby, Dave, Dave’s one housemate named Wayne, Wayne’s girlfriend Carrie, another of Dave’s housemates named Drew, and Drew’s fiancée Tiff. We were here to watch the Pens game, and even though I had been less than pleased with our activity, when I mentioned it to Kris, he had practically insisted.

“Go, Jo, seriously. What else are you going to do with yourself until break?”

“Make sure I’m well enough ahead according to my syllabuses—syllabi?—in my classes so I don’t have to worry about doing homework when I’m visiting you. So we can spend as much time together as possible. That’s what I wanna do, not hang out with people I don’t know.”

“It’s like I told you before, I’d hate to think that you’re alone out there, though—”

“Tubby’s spring break—”

“I know, I know, but Jo, it never hurts to make more friends, and besides, I still want to be able to meet Dave. Maybe sometime this summer? I never did have the chance to thank him for what he did for you, and I want that opportunity.”


I hated mentioning Dave to Kris, because my accident or anything even remotely relating to my accident was not a topic of discussion I liked engaging in, especially with Kris. If we talked about it, then we’d undoubtedly think about our fight in the hospital, and then him leaving, and ultimately then think about how we didn’t see each other for weeks after. I liked pretending that that span of time never happened.

But Kris kept telling me to go out and have fun, and so we compromised: I agreed to meet up with Dave to watch the game as long as he went out with some of the guys from the team for more than just pre- or postgame meals and team-related stuff. Kris would usually just head back to his hotel room (which I thought was kind of funny, because he hated that damn hotel) and call me rather than hang out with his new teammates. I hated that he wasn’t being social, either. We had to start learning to do our own things or else we’d never get through the remainder of my semester.

So here I was, watching Tubby inhale baskets of wings because it was twenty-cent wing night, while Dave, Wayne, and Drew discussed the impact that Clowe was having on the second line. Usually, I’d jump right into the hockey talk, but I was still bitter, so I quietly sat there and gnawed on the straw of my Mountain Dew. Tiff and Carrie looked pretty bored and relatively uninterested.

When it was time for the first intermission, the topic of conversation changed and moved away from the game on TV. Tiff asked, “So, Jo, how do you know Dave again?”

“Uh...” I started, glancing over at him. As a patient of his emergency care, did I have a right to privacy that prohibited him from saying I was in an accident? I tried to ice over it. “Dave was a first responder to an accident I was in, and then turns out we both go to CMU.”

“And, um, Tubby is it?” she asked, and Tubs nodded at her, his mouth full of chicken and unable to answer. “You two are friends?”

“Yeah,” I responded for him as I grabbed a stack of napkins from the dispenser and handed them to him. He had hot sauce all over his face. “We’ve been friends since kindergarten, and he’s home from U Penn on break.”

“Oh,” Tiff nodded. With a smile she added, “I’m a total ditz sometimes and forget this kind of stuff.”

“Oh, I know what you mean. I’m horrible with names,” I lied, trying to be friendly. While they all seemed nice enough, I had no idea how to engage in small talk with them since this was the first time I’d ever met them. It was even weird hanging out with Dave outside of the lounge at school. But I figured all new friendships were a little awkward at first, so I tried to soldier through it.

Carrie spoke up. “So, what year are you at CMU? What’s your major?”

“Uh, well, I can’t technically declare my major yet, but it will be physics with a concentration in astronomy. And this is my first semester, but I’m hoping to take enough summer classes so I’ll be a sophomore come next fall.”

Wayne spoke up for the first time since the intermission. He was either impressed by my work ethic, or he thought I was lame. “That sounds pretty ambitious, to take a full semester’s worth of classes over the summer. Don’t you want to take a break?”

“Uh, well, this was supposed to be my sophomore year, so I wanna play catch-up as quickly as possible.”

“Supposed to?” he pressed.

“Uh, yeah, see, I took some time off.” It wasn’t lying, even if it wasn’t fully honest. But I didn’t need to explain myself to them.

“Speaking of time off, I can’t wait for spring break next week. This last semester’s been kicking my ass,” Dave groaned, taking a drink of his beer.

“You doing anything in particular?” I asked him.

He smiled at me and shook his head happily. “Nope! And I’m actually excited about doing nothing for once.”

I smiled back, “Sweet.”

“How about you, Jo? Any plans for spring break?” Carrie asked, once again turning the conversation back on me. I guess it was because I was a stranger to them, and Tubby was too busy stuffing his face to be able to answer any questions.

“Yeah, actually. I’m going to California.” My grin spanned my entire face. Dave knew about Kris, meaning he knew that I was going out to visit him—but when we had finally agreed to get together outside of school, I told him that I didn’t want his friends to know that I was dating a former Penguin. Just because Dave was apparently cool enough to not let it affect our friendship, I wasn’t sure the others would be as cool.

“Oh, I wish I was going out west!” Carrie whined, obviously jealous. “Sun, sand, maybe visit a vineyard or something.... Can I come with you?”

Chuckling, I told her, “Well, I’m going out to visit my boyfriend.”

“Oh?” she asked.

“Yeah. So, I mean, you’re welcome to tag along, but I’m gonna be a little busy,” I cracked.

The conversation died off for a moment, and I began to chew on my straw again. Tiff spoke up. “So, sorry, but I’m still not sure.... Do you have a class with Dave?”

I tried to swallow my frustration. What was so hard about this that she didn’t understand? “No, we just kind of bump into each other every now again in the lounge.”

Dave spoke up finally and tried to clear this up. “I’ve got genetics and molecular bio at nine, and then neuroscience at two, so I kinda kick it in the lounge in between classes when I have time to kill, and sometimes Jo is there.”

“Yeah, I have physics from ten thirty to eleven forty-five, so when I leave class, you know, we run into each other,” I finished.

“Or run into doors,” Dave quipped, smiling as he took a sip of his beer but avoiding looking at me. He made it seem like this was some sort of inside joke between us.

“No, the door attacked me,” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Jo makes a habit out of needing me to come to her rescue,” he laughed, making everyone else kind of look at us curiously.

I snorted. “More like you just happen to see me when I’m at my absolute worst.” It made sense as I thought about it: my accident, getting caught on the door and falling on my ass, the morning I thought I was knocked up, and then being miserable without Kris. “It’s like you’re my bad luck charm. What the hell am I doing here? I shouldn’t be hanging out with you. I’m gonna get, like, electrocuted or something.”

“Good thing I’m a trained medical professional,” Dave returned. “If you’re such a klutz, you should keep me around. I may end up saving your life again.”

“You didn’t ‘save my life,’” I said, feeling exasperated. Then I huffed, “You’re giving them the wrong impression of me.”

He laughed and shrugged, feigning innocence, which got under my skin. So I took it upon myself to set the story straight. “Tubby’ll back me up on this, since he was at the hospital. Just some broken bones and some road rash, when I fell off my bike—nothing life-threatening. Some guy didn’t stop at the intersection like he was supposed to, and I swerved and wrecked. The way this joke’s talking,” I gestured in Dave’s direction, “you’d think I was flattened like a pancake.”

All four of Dave’s friends looked at Dave, who once again did nothing but shrug and smile. Then they glanced at Tubby who shook his head. “Oh hell nah, I am not getting involved in this.” He tore off the last piece of meat from the chicken bone and licked his fingers. “Jo, air hockey?”

“Sure,” I sighed, taking the straw out of my mouth and dropping it back in my glass. He knew I couldn’t say no to that proposition. “Got quarters?”

Tubby nodded, and we excused ourselves from the table of people to the area in the back where the air hockey table, pool tables, and dart boards were set up. He stuck two quarters into the air hockey machine to start a game, and I walked to one side and grabbed a paddle.

“Ready to get your ass whooped?” he asked.

“More like, are you ready to get your ass whooped! You’re going down!” I growled playfully, leaning over the table and poising the paddle in front of my goal. I wasn’t necessarily a competitive person, but I definitely was where air hockey was concerned; I still didn’t know if Tubby let me win or if I was that good. Either way, I don’t think I cared. Besides, I’d probably never know.

We were in the middle of our game when he lifted his paddle completely off the table and clapped it over the puck, which had been heading straight for the open slot of his goal. “That’s cheating!” I squealed, taking my hand off my paddle and pointing at the way he trapped the puck. “You can’t lift the mallet off the table! It’s against the rules!”

“Who says?” he questioned, quickly smacking the puck down to my end—and right into my goal.

“You’re such a fucking cheater. I don’t even know why I play with you!” I knew I took this game way too seriously, but I couldn’t help it. The score on the board now read 6-2, meaning I only needed one more to win. “Then again, even though you cheat, you still lose.”

“Nah, I’m staging a comeback,” he chuckled.

I dug the puck from the hole on the side and placed it on table, and it began to float to the side. “In your dreams, cheater.” Gently, I tapped the puck to give it a bit more movement, and then I whacked it as hard as possible at a good angle. The green disc banked off the side and before Tubby even moved his paddle, the puck slid home, the six changed to a seven, and the air shut off on the table. “Yes!” I hollered, throwing my hands in the air and doing a little victory dance. A couple bar patrons looked in my direction, but I was too busy celebrating to notice their scowls.

“Oh my God, it’s just air hockey,” Tubby grumbled, his mouth still curled into a smile. He was clearly amused by my antics.

Pointing at him, I wagged my finger. “Cheaters never prosper! Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah!”

“How is that cheating? It’s simple defense, stop the puck before it gets in my goal.”

“You can’t lift the mallet off the table. There are official gaming rules, and that is one of them.”

Official rules? It’s just air hockey.” Then he challenged me, knowing that I’d never turn down another game. “Best out of three.”

“Bring it on, cheater. I’ll just kick your ass again. Maybe this time shut you out.”

Tubby dug into his pocket, fishing out a quarter and a nickel. “I’m short.”

“Lemme grab my wallet,” I sighed, walking past him and patting his arm. “Making me pay for your rematch.” Turning the corner from the back section of the bar, I headed toward the table where Dave and his friends were sitting, because that’s where I had left my purse. The place was pretty busy, since the game was on, meaning everyone at the table had to talk loudly to hear each other and concentrate carefully. Meaning they were paying such close attention to each other that they didn’t see me coming.

“I’m sorry, Dave, but... I just, you know, I don’t get it,” Tiff said, repeating herself for about the third time that night. She apparently really was a ditz. “Are you friends with her?”

“Yeah. She needs friends, so I thought, you know, she could hang out with us,” he answered.

“Okay, but for being friends with you, she’s not exactly nice to you,” she pressed.

“Well, that’s just Jo. That’s her sense of humor. You know, what she didn’t tell you was when she was in her accident, she was cracking jokes even though she was obviously hurting. Made me want to know her better. I don’t know, I thought she was interesting.”

“Yeah, humor. It’s called a defense mechanism,” Tiff snorted. “Just because you think she’s ‘interesting’ doesn’t mean she’s interested. She’s got a boyfriend.”

“Sniffin’ around another man’s chick ain’t cool, man,” Wayne commented.

Drew snorted. “Yeah, especially when the ‘another man’ is Kris fuckin’ Letang.”

They all looked around at each other, glancing back and forth between Drew and Dave, mumbling questions. I tensed; I told him not to say anything. Dave facepalmed. “Drew! You weren’t supposed to even know that, I can’t believe you opened your goddamned mouth.”

“But you told me—” Drew started, but Dave cut him off with a frantic wave of his hand.

“Yeah, but I told you that before Jo told me she didn’t want anyone else to know. Fuck!”

“If she’s dating him, why the hell would she be interested in you?” Wayne asked.

“She’s not interested in me,” Dave groaned. “We’re friends.”

“Wait, wait, wait,” Tiff interrupted, closing her eyes and pressing the tips of her fingers against her temples. “Who said she’s dating Kris Letang?”

“Um, she did,” Dave explained. “I heard her talking to him on the phone.”

Tiff continued with her questions. “But, like, have you seen them together? Proof?”

“Well, no, but I mean, why would she lie about it?”

“Uh, maybe because she’s really not interested in you?” Wayne suggested with a chuckle, obviously finding this funny.

“I don’t understand why you guys are making such a big deal out of this. You know, she just needed a friend....”

“You are too nice of a guy, Dave,” Carrie sighed. “You obviously like her, but she’s going to walk all over you. She’s not even nice to you after everything you’ve done for her, and then she tells you that she’s dating someone who just so happens to be conveniently out in California—”

“Why are you guys all so convinced that she’s lying about that? If I think she’s pretty, you know, maybe he’d think so, too. I mean, you guys think she’s pretty, right?”

The guys nodded, but the girls didn’t seem so sure. Tiff tried to explain. “She’s pretty, but not like, Kris Letang pretty. I mean, I don’t know two shits about hockey, but I know who he is because he’s ridiculously gorgeous.” Drew gave her a shocked, hurt expression. “What? Oh, come on, I’m engaged to you, not blind. My point is, is he could be dating a fucking model—why would he date some ordinary Pittsburgh girl? Especially when he’s not even in Pittsburgh anymore?”

And people wondered why I hardly had any female friends. Because guys didn’t talk about you behind your back like that, and because girls are catty bitches. First there was Jessica, Bourque’s girlfriend, and now Tiff, the stupid fucking cunt. Carrie wasn’t a whole lot better, but at least she was the mothering type who was merely disapproving and not, well, downright bitchy.

I had pictures on my phone of him that he would send me when he was away. Hell, I could have called him and he would have answered and put their doubts to rest. Tubby could have verified it for me, too, since he had hung out with Kris on more than one occasion and knew the whole story. But I didn’t have to prove myself to these people. If they wanted to think I was lying, nothing I could do would prove it to them, short of manifesting him out of thin air. I was so angry, but that same fury rooted me to that spot on the floor.

Their conversation continued as Dave replied, “Well, I told you guys, I think she’s interesting. And funny. So why wouldn’t he?”

Carrie sighed. “Let’s look at this another way. Regardless of whomever this boyfriend may or may not be, she said she’s not interested, but yet Dave continues to bark up the wrong tree. You’re just gonna get hurt, man, and none of us here at this table wants that to happen.”

Dave rubbed his palms over his face. “You guys. Ugh. I’m just gonna stop telling you guys stuff. I asked her if she wanted to grab a coffee with me. She said ‘no.’ That was the end of it. I’m not in love with her, I’m not trying to get in between her and Kris, and now we’re friends. That’s all.”

Carrie shook her head. “Or just biding your time until they break up because it’s too hard for them to deal with the distance between them, so you can swoop in and be her knight in shining armor again. And hope that when her tears dry, she sees that you’ve been there all along.”

“No, you guys are wrong,” he denied loudly and vehemently.

Tubby came trotting up behind me, where I was standing as still as a statue in my disbelief. I couldn’t believe that I had stood there and listened to all that, but I did. And it just reaffirmed my stance that I didn’t need to be out here, making new friends with people who neither believed me nor gave a flying fuck about really getting to me know enough to find out the truth. I didn’t need to put myself on display for them to judge me and make assumptions. I felt so attacked; why would I lie about Kris? This was just one of the many reasons why I didn’t go around making my relationship with him public knowledge.

“Jo-Jo!” Tubby called out loudly, getting everyone’s attention as he moved beside me. “What’s taking you so long? Someone else wants to play, too.”

Everyone at the table turned suddenly. Carrie and Tiff both reddened and stared down at the table, and Wayne and Drew focused their attention on the televisions for distraction. And Dave latched his gaze onto me, trying to discern how much of their conversation I had heard.

I closed the distance between me and the table, so I could grab my purse. My hands was shaking as it reached out; I was so absolutely furious that I couldn’t think of a quick comment or comeback for anything they had said. In fact, I didn’t even think I processed everything they had remarked on. “Tubby, go close your tab. We’re going.”

“What about best out of three?” he asked, unaware of what they had been saying to know why my mood had changed so suddenly.

“Fuck the game. We’re going.”

“Uh, okay....” He was still confused, but he pulled his wallet out of his back pocket and headed for the bar.

“I’ll meet you outside,” I told him, forcefully slinging my purse over my shoulder and stalking toward the door with heavy footsteps.

My keys jingled in my hand as I made my way through the parking lot, and I grumbled to myself quietly out loud about how stupidly ridiculous Dave’s friends were. Now I really couldn’t wait for tomorrow, when I’d hop on a plane and get to spend time with Kris. I fished my phone out of my pocket and sent him a quick message as I stood outside my car, just letting him know that I was heading home to pack and that I was so excited for my trip.

It wasn’t until someone put their hand on my shoulder that I came back to reality. “I don’t know what you heard, but I’m sorry, Jo—”

“Oh, just save it,” I snapped back at Dave, jerking my body away from his touch. “Don’t... I mean... just... ugh, just fucking leave me alone, okay?” I couldn’t form a full sentence or think of anything smart to say, which would cut him and hurt him like I was feeling. I wanted to lash out, but I couldn’t. “I’m not lying, so fuck you.”

“I didn’t think you were,” he defended himself.

“Your friends—”

“They don’t know what they’re talking about.”

I continued to stare at him for a while, trying to figure out if he was being honest or insincere or what his motives were. Was he truly sorry for his stupid friends? Or just sorry that I had to hear all that?

“Are you sure you wanna go, baby girl?” Tubby interrupted our staring contest, looking between us and wondering what was going on. His shoulders rolled back, posturing himself to be ready to act if he needed to.

“Yes,” I hissed, opening the driver’s door and throwing my purse over the seat and into the back. “I have to pack for San José.”

“Have a good trip,” Dave said, watching me get into the driver’s seat. “I’ll see you later? After break?”

I didn’t bother answering him; I slammed my door shut and turned on the engine as Tubby got in, too. Pulling away, I headed back toward his house so I could drop him off. “What the hell happened back there?”

“I don’t like those people,” I growled, flicking on my left-hand turn signal as I stopped at the red light at the intersection. My tight grip on the steering wheel was proof of my frustration and red-hot anger.

“Obviously, but why?” he pressed.

My phone rang. I looked at the screen to see that it was Kris; he must have been calling since he received my message. I sighed and picked up, “Hey, babe. How’s it going?”

“Good. Just changing and stretching before tonight’s game against the Preds.” I let his voice wash over me and calm me. It didn’t fucking matter what those assholes thought. And it didn’t even matter if my boyfriend was really Kristopher Letang or not—all that mattered was that I had an amazing man on the phone talking to me, he loved me, and I was going to see him tomorrow.

“Good luck. Hope you score a goal tonight.”

“Me, too. Monkey off my back,” he sighed and then paused. “You okay? You sound like something’s wrong.”

“No, everything’s perfect,” I replied, feeling so much better. “I’m looking forward to tomorrow.”

“Yeah, yeah, me, too. Like, ugh, I’m so excited I don’t even have the words for it. I, I mean.... Je ne peux pas attendre.

I had no idea what he just said, but it didn’t matter. All that mattered was that spring break was almost upon me, just one more day, and the next eight days were going to be totally worth all this bullshit.

11 comments:

  1. Ugh jealous girls... so they might not believe her, but so what? I'm glad Jo's got her priorities and Tubby's got her back... clueless as he may be... "Best out of three?" I can only wait and hope that Spring Break and the spring break sex will be as fantastic and hot (that you have to mark a warning on the page) as I'm hoping it'll be... no pressure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited for her trip to SJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really nervous about the SJ trip, I'm scared they're both so excited for this trip means something is gonna go wrong

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, Dave does seem to be interested despite the fact that he had another date. How perfect his job is if he's another guy who liked to rescue people.

    And just the way that you're not paranoid if people really are out to get you, it seems like Jo has a reason to have a chip on her shoulder. Tiff seems to be really bitchy, but I guess she provides a new way to perceive Jo.

    Spring break in California, looking forward to it. Kris and Jo in a new setting will be verrrrry interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jay-- I hope you didn't take what I said about the 'internal ramblings' the wrong way. Because I'm in no way trying to hate.. since you asked for criticism, I gave it. and that's all I can really criticize because your story and writing is fantastic, and if I didn't think so I wouldn't bother reading.
    Ahhh, I was so happy that Jo would finally have a few people to keep her occupied aside from Kris, the Pens, and Tubby, but they all turned out to be assholes.
    I don't think Dave's a bad guy, and I don't think he's trying to make a move on Jo... I sincerely believe he just wants to be her friend. and I think Jo could be a little friendlier to him.

    Anyway, can't wait for them to be reunited! I just have an inkling that something will go wrong, a stupid silly fight between them maybe. I hope I'm wrong, and hope Jo's 8 day trip is blissful and raunchy and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. What a conversation to listen to.
    I like Dave though? I don't know why, but I feel like he's gonna have this BIG moment and everyone shall fall in love with him. I mean he sorta already had his moment being the EMT and all but still, something will happen..I know it!!

    Ahhh I'm soo excited for her to go to San Jose! I wonder what his teammates and the WAGs will think of her!!

    Great update Jay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. UGH! Those stupid fucking bitches! Jo's right. She really doesn't need anyone else. She's got Kris and Tubby and that's really all that matters.

    Those girls were so fucking annoying. I hated them more and more with each idiotic thing they said. They both deserved slaps to their bitchass faces.

    On the other hand, I'm liking Dave. Overall he was trying to stand up for Jo which I really liked. She needs all the people in her corner that she can get.

    Awesome udpate, as always, Jay(:

    ReplyDelete
  8. That conversation between Dave and his friends is so not surprising because you know it was bound to happen. I like Dave, and I like that he tried to stick up for Jo...now she needs to get the heck out of dodge and go to San Jose where there should be absolutely no weirdness allowed between her and Kris (hint, hint - lol!)

    Great update, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure Carrie is wrong about Dave's intentions. "The lady (or in this case gent) doth protest too much, me thinks." He's an EMT so he's a professional swooper & rescuer. He seems like a nice guy so he may not realize it yet, but I think he is standing by to swoop.

    Who cares if they beleive that you are dating Kris Letang? One more day and you get to be with him again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY for being able to comment at school finally! And double YAY for it almost being Jo's springbreak!!

    "Eleven days apart for eight full days together; I couldn’t even let myself think about the long separation ahead of us after that."
    ^^ Eh? Well that was a kick in the teeth... oddly enough I didn't think about that either... now I'm bummed out =(. Fix them Jay! Make them be all happy and together forever... then I won't have to be sad when I think about how hard it must be for them to be apart.

    "I sent him messages just to say that I loved him and missed him terribly, and that I couldn’t wait to kiss him, hold him, have him hold me, make love, and also have crazy hot monkey sex."
    ^^ It might be too much information, but I am also excited for the crazy hot monkey sex... just sayin.
    I'm so excited for their reunion, I don't have words...

    "but all he ever said was that he missed me, never that he was horny or anything sexual."
    ^^ I kind of love this and I don't know why. Like, why do guys think "I'm horny" is a romantic text? Cause it's not!
    Kris is a guy and guys are always horny... that goes without saying, I don't need a text to verify it. That being said... I love that he just talks about missing her and loving her! Jo knows that he wants to rock her socks of... but he focuses on what's really important and not the physical needs first.

    DAVE DAVE DAVE!! UGHHHHHHHHHH
    I don't know what to think anymore! Ok, you know I hate Dave, or at least hated Dave... but now I'm so confused.
    I mean, in my mind there are really like 3 possibilites here.
    #1. He is a scum bag and is trying to get Jo to break up with Kris so that he can move in on her.
    #2. He's a legitamate nice guy who's given up on anything more than a friendship, but sees that she needs friends... so he tries to be that for her.
    #3. He still likes her and is doing what was mentioned in the story via the 'knight in shinning armour' comment.
    ... I'm hoping for number 2... and trying to forget that 1 and 3 could be possibilities.
    I'm hoping that Dave really is a decent guy and is just misunderstood from our point of view... that being said, my 3 ideas could be way off and you have something else planned entierly... but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

    Also, now might be a good time to point out that I hate bitches. Fact.
    ... UGH! Stupid catty bitchy good for nothing morons! Like seriouly... what's it to you? Jo's a bigger person than I am... if I was her, I'd pull out the cellphone and show them proof that we were together... then punch them all in the throat. Ugh.

    "I had no idea what he just said, but it didn’t matter. All that mattered was that spring break was almost upon me, just one more day, and the next eight days were going to be totally worth all this bullshit."
    ^^ Agreed! I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE! (Or whatever one it is that they're together in lol)... so excited... cannot wait... fantastic like always... YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I sent him messages just to say that I loved him and missed him terribly, and that I couldn’t wait to kiss him, hold him, have him hold me, make love, and also have crazy hot monkey sex."
    - ME TOOOOOO! haha.

    Okay, let me try and keep this as non-ranty (making up my own words) as possible.

    I hate to say this but I am agreeing with MelTing, Dave seems like another swoop in to save the girl type, or fix her after she's broken. I mean, maybe he's just like Kris, good intentions on helping Jo through her separation with Kris and being a good friend, and maybe he is in love with her... I guess we'll find out.

    I hate to say this, and I will preface it with an I hate bitches that assume Jo is lying, but maybe Dave's friends know he has white knight syndrome, like maybe he has a history of getting caught up in girls who lie or whatever. If I met one of my guy friends friends and she was a girl he was obviously crushing on and she told me she was dating Kris hottie Letang, I would think she was lying. Sorry, I am a cynic and the girls should have watched their mouths, but they don't know Jo, and I would have done the exact same thing, especially if our exchanges and conversations were kind of awkward all night and she was rude to my friend.

    I am in no way supporting their assumptions and deductions about Jo, I mean, obviously I am in love with her character, but I kind of feel for the friends, that also coupld potentially be crushing on Dave and are jealous. There are lots of reasons they could have jumped to those conclusions or used her being a liar to try and convince Dave to stay away from her for the sake of his heart.

    So much for no rants, and I will apologize now for saying Stephanie on my last comment in stead of Samantha - I was watching the Hills and Steph was fighting with Spencer as I left my comment, hahahha.

    Now, the trip. I am excited, nervous, anxious, and desperate for hot reunion sex which I don't know how you can possibly top the hot going away sex. But, I am also tentative because like other's have mentionned, their is a lot riding on this and it is followed by a longer more permanent separation where the "just like a roadtrip" mantra no longer applies.

    I really don't want this to go badly, I want the team and the WAGs and the couples dinner all to go smooth, okay?

    I feel like I can never tell you enough how dynamic and incredible this story is and how deeply I am involved in every aspect of these characters. LOVE IT!

    MOOOOORE! :D

    ReplyDelete