Tuesday, May 11, 2010

85.) Reunion

I loved your takes on the previous post. Really makes you think, doesn't it? And no, I don't try to take criticism too harshly--as long as it's constructive, I always take it into consideration. Just like I do with all the comments I receive.
I wish I coulda had this one up yesterday, but I had a crazy busy (but fun!) weekend, and then between added stress at work and last night's game.... Blech.
Also, new pictures in the side bar (definitely worth staring at).
Love you guys!!!


Soundtrack Song - Dirty Heads, Lay Me Down

In the long run, Couture’s curiosity about Blake’s mystery niece got the best of him, and he invited his girlfriend Jenn down from Guelph, Ontario for the weekend. Her flight was scheduled to land about an hour before Jo’s, so Logan let me tag along with him so we could pick up both girls at once. We’d wait for Jenn and Jo, and then head over to the captain’s house for the little get-together Brandy wanted to throw as another way to welcome me to the team, by being able to introduce Jo to them and induct her into their little group.

Needless to say, he had been a little underwhelmed to see Jenn, and she looked disappointed when Couture could only be bothered to give her a one-armed hug and a quick peck on her cheek. I didn’t see what the issue was on his end, because she seemed like a nice enough girl, and I could just tell by the way that she looked up at him hopefully and smiled at him that she loved him. But he obviously didn’t return the affection.

They stood up against the wall, talking very quietly as I waited for Jo. Jenn linked her arm with his, her body turned to face his as she intently hung off every word he spoke; meanwhile, he faced forward and barely even turned his head when he spoke to her. It was obvious by their body language that they weren’t compatible or even on the same page in their relationship, so it didn’t make sense to me, why they were still together. I shook my head and left them alone as I waited for Jo by the luggage turnstile.

It felt like I couldn’t stay in my skin—that’s how antsy I was. I was so excited and anxious and excited and looking forward to this so much. When I was playing on the ice or around the guys, it was easy to not think about Jo. I wouldn’t say that I ever forgot about her, but she wasn’t constantly on my mind then. But when I was alone, back at the hotel... that’s when I missed her terribly. I had been so used to her being around, all the time, everywhere, that it was hard to not have her around. There was only so much that talking on the phone could help with that. It didn’t compensate for not having her physically around, being able to see her smile, making her smile, making her laugh, holding her, kissing her, touching her.... I couldn’t wait to see her again.

I heard Jo before I saw her.

The board had said that her flight had landed, so I was in the midst of searching the crowd for her familiar face, but there were so many people that I couldn’t find her. First, I heard her voice, echoing around the room as she squealed my name. “Kris!”

Then, suddenly, the sea of people parted and there she was, dodging a group of businessmen and running toward me like the scene was being played in slow motion. She dropped her backpack as she got close, and I smiled, bent down, and stretched out my arms to hug her. My heart constricted in my chest, forgetting to beat and pump blood. I was so happy, but I felt relieved, too. There she was, my girl, finally here in San José with me, and the world could have ended and I would have been okay with that.

Jo caught me off guard as she took a running leap and launched herself into my arms, forcing me to take a few steps backward as I tried to regain my balance. It was amazing to be able to embrace and hug her like I had been wanting to do for days upon days. There was just something about the way she fit into my arms that made me feel like I was whole again. I held her against me as she wrapped her legs around my hips as best as she could and then grabbed my face in her hands, planting kisses across my cheeks, forehead, nose, mouth, and chin.

A few of the other travelers oohed and aahed and sighed at our reunion; there must have been something utterly romantic for those random, anonymous people to witness, as two lovers completely disregarded the social acceptability of their actions and shared their private, intimate moment with hundreds of people. In fact, I think I heard a few people clapping, too. It was like something straight out of the movies: the big, passionate meeting between two people who had been separated for far too long.

“Fuck, I missed you,” she breathed, holding onto my ears now as she brought her lips down on mine for a long, steamy, deep kiss. I closed my eyes as her lips floated over mine, giving me a sensual mouth-to-mouth massage.

Finally, I patted her butt and turned my head to break my mouth away from hers. As absolutely delighted as I was to have Jo back in my arms again, I couldn’t make out with her in the middle of the airport. Not when her body had crashed into mine and was now wrapped tightly around me and I could feel her breasts against my chest and I had my hands under her to help hold her up. Right now, we were intricately woven together into a mish-mash of body parts, like we were one entity who just had to have double the normal amount of body parts.

We couldn’t do this here, because then we’d get arrested for public lewdness. If we were to start this type of behavior, I don’t think I’d be able to stop. I said, “I missed you, too, Jo. Now whadya say we get outta here?”

“Yes, let’s,” she sighed, reluctantly unhooking her legs from behind me and allowing me to set her down on her feet. I could tell that as much as she didn’t want to remove herself from her position, she was just as anxious as I was to get out of this public environment. “Oh my God, I just can’t believe I’m here.” She cupped my face in her hands again. “It just feels so surreal. I thought this moment would never, ever come.”

“I know.” I tucked the hair around her face behind her ears and leaned down to kiss her forehead. Then I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and hugged her fiercely. It hadn’t been that long since I had done this last—not even two full weeks—but it simultaneously felt like eons ago, as well as like I had just done this yesterday. “I’m so happy you’re here. It’s so good seeing you again, just being able to touch you again. Just you being here.”

“I know. I missed this so much, and I missed you.”

Couture cleared his throat loudly and groaned, “Yeah, yeah, we get it. You guys missed each other. Can we take this elsewhere?”

I chuckled softly, having completely forgotten that he was here. I loosened my grip on Jo but kept my left arm around her shoulders, so I could pull her against my side. After being apart for so long, I wasn’t going to let go of her or stop touching her unless I absolutely had to. She had been so far away for so long, and now that she could be near me, I was going to make sure she stayed there. “Jo, this is my teammate Logan Couture.”

“Nice to meet you,” she greeted, glancing away from me long enough to extend her hand in his direction.

“Likewise,” he replied, shaking her hand to be polite but not really caring that much about the gesture. “And this is Jenn.”

“His girlfriend,” she clarified, clasping hands with Jo next. I could tell that she was feeling a little awkward with meeting someone new, as well as feeling a little miffed at Logan, and she nervously chatted. “Jenn. With, uh, two Ns. It’s nice to meet you, Jo.”

“Hi, two-N Jenn. I’m jay-oh Jo.”

I leaned down and kissed her cheek by her ear so I could whisper to her, “Play nice, please. She’s a good girl.”

“Two Ns because she’s extra nice?” Jo snarked quietly, and then she shook her head and smiled. “I’m done. So, let’s go.”

Reaching down and picking up her backpack where it fell as she ran to me, I said, “We just gotta wait for your suitcase.”

“Nope. Don’t have one,” she informed me. I looked down at her, confused. “Didn’t check a bag.”

“All you brought with you is this?” I asked, gesturing to the bag I was now holding.

“Yup.”

I was a little surprised. “Wow, you’re a light packer.”

“I didn’t have much to bring,” Jo replied with a cute smile. “I figured I wouldn’t need a lot of clothes.”

Logan laughed and put his hand on Jenn’s back to help guide her toward the exit. “All right then, let’s go. I spend enough time in airports throughout the year.”

Jo and I followed behind them, walking with the length of our sides touching. My left arm was around her shoulders still, and she slung her right arm around my waist with her head tilted and resting against me. I talked to her quietly as we headed out of the baggage claim area and left the building. It felt so good to be able to talk to her in person again, finally, and I wanted to hear her voice without the static of a telephone. “So how was your flight? And your classes today?”

“Fine and fine,” she sighed, taking a deep breath as we stepped into the fresh air. “Oh man, I can’t believe this weather.”

“It is California. It’s sunny and warm out here.”

“Not at all like home. Hold on a sec.” Jo let go of me and grabbed the waistband of her hoodie, pulling it over her head and revealing the wife beater she had on underneath. Even though she had released her hold on me, I kept my hand at her hip—just so I could keep touching her.

That’s when I got my first good look at her. She was wearing her baggy, faded, ripped jeans, her black Converses, and a black tank top. Her hair looked a little longer than I remembered, now well past her shoulders. It fell back down around her face once the hoodie was off, and she tied her sweatshirt around her waist before she stepped back beside me. “I checked the weather before I left, so I knew it would be nice, but it just feels so good to finally remember what the sun is good for. Warmth.

“Did you pack your bathing suit? We can go swimming,” I told her as we approached Couture’s car. We slid into the backseat. Jenn offered me the front seat, to be nice, since I was taller and could use the leg room, but I wanted too much to sit with Jo to bother with worrying about getting cramps.

“Oh, your hotel has a pool?” she asked back, electing to take the middle seat so we could be right by each other. She rested her head against my arm, and I could feel her breath on my neck. It was giving me goose flesh.

“No,” I explained, “Besides, we’re not going back to the hotel yet. We’re going over to Blake’s.”

Jo sat up straight and stared at me like I had grown about five extra heads. “What? Why are we going there?”

“Uh, the cook-out I told you about, that Rob and Brandy are throwing so everyone could meet you. Remember? I told you about it?”

“When did you tell me about it? I don’t remember,” she huffed, crossing her arms over her chest like a petulant two-year-old.

“Like, over a week ago,” I said, keeping my voice down. I could see Logan looking up into his rearview mirror to watch our exchange. Just waiting to bear witness as our oh-so-happy reunion started to circle the drain, so he could no doubt tell everyone how the girlfriend I spent the past twelve days talking about wasn’t quite the cool chick I had made her out to be.

“And they thought it was a good idea? Did you think this was a good idea?”

“Um, yeah, I did,” I confessed gently, not wanting to make her any madder.

“Really? And you didn’t think that, oh I don’t know, some alone time would be nice, since I haven’t see you in two fucking weeks?” she pouted, her lips pursed severely.

“We’ll still have ‘alone’ time,” I promised, rubbing her arm and trying to soothe her. “We’re going over for dinner and just to hang out for a while with some of the guys and their wives or girlfriends. We won’t be staying late, and then we can go back to my hotel, okay?”

She glared at me, her lips still pressed tightly together. I kissed her closed mouth and caressed her cheek with the backs of my fingers. Her face was crinkled up like she was angry, but her eyes appeared sad. “I thought it would just be us tonight, Kris. You and me. Not you, me, half your team, and a bunch of girls I don’t know.”

“Well, it will be just us, just... later tonight. It’s four thirty now. We’ll go and hang out for just a couple of hours,” I tried to convince her that this was going to be a good time. “Brandy was really looking forward to doing this for me, and for you, too. So I could finally introduce you to everyone, since I’ve been talking about you nonstop since I got here—”

“Uh, yeah. He’s been downright annoying,” Couture interrupted with a snort. “‘Jo’ this, ‘Jo’ that. God, you’re all he ever talks about.”

“Really?” she asked him quietly, waiting to see Logan nod before she looked back at me and examined my face.

Couture shook his head, with a smirk evidently curling his lips. “Yeah. I told you, it’s annoying.”

“Aww,” Jo cooed, smiling. She reached up and tapped my nose. “That’s cute. But I’m still mad at you. You should have suggested that this little shindig be thrown tomorrow night, and reserved this evening for me.”

“But we have a game tomorrow night,” I told her. I placed a few more quick, feathery-light kisses on her frowning lips, and I felt as her mouth relaxed.

Her hand slid across my leg, squeezing my knee as she sighed and kissed me back. “You make it hard to stay mad at you when I’ve missed you this much. I still wish we didn’t have to do this whole meet-the-team-and-WAGs-now, hope-I-make-a-good-impression-on-everyone thing now.”

Logan laughed and interrupted us again. “Don’t worry about it. You guys can probably sneak off into the guest room at Bowlby’s and have a quickie to tide you over, and no one will care. Well, Bowlby might, but the rest of us will understand. You can use ‘Samantha’s’ room.”

I chuckled at his remark and then looked back at Jo. I knew I shouldn’t play this card, but I did; she had been exhausted when I disclosed this get-together and that’s why she didn’t remember it. I knew that if she went, she’d have a good time and everyone would love her and she’d be this worried over nothing. “But I told you about it. If you didn’t want to do this....”

“Honestly, Kris, I totally forgot. But I guess it’s fine. I mean, I figured I’d meet everyone, just not the first night I get in. I’m not really dressed to meet people, and I just, like, ugh, I’m not feeling prepared mentally for this.”

Assuring her, I said, “It’s gonna be fine.” I tucked her hair behind her ear again and whispered to her. “And I promise that we won’t stay late. I missed you, and I’m looking forward to tonight, too.” I figured that was enough to make my intentions clear. It was too weird to say anything like this in front of one of my teammates.

She spoke with a low, seductive voice. “Hmm, I’d worry about you if you weren’t looking forward to tonight. But you’d better be willing to make this up to me, big time.”

Jenn spoke up for the first time since her introduction. “See, look, we’re here already.”

Jo took a deep breath as I grabbed her hand and pulled her behind me, making her slide out of the car with me. I brought in her backpack with us, in case we left before Couture did. But I couldn’t imagine he’d want to stay late with Jenn, since they obviously weren’t getting along too great.

Brandy was at the front door before we made it all the way up the walkway. She was so maternal; the way that she and Rob, as captain, took charge and were involved with the team was completely different than what Crosby did with the Penguins. Crosby led by example, whereas the Blakes treated the team like a big family.

“Hey, everyone!” she called, opening the door and waving us in and everyone began exchanging formalities. I had to tug on Jo’s hand to get her to follow me; she was practically digging her heels into the ground. “Hi, Logan. Jenn, it’s nice to see you again. It’s been a while. How’re you doing?”

“Good, Brandy. Thanks for throwing this. I was so happy when Logan invited me down,” Jenn replied.

“Oh, it’s not a problem at all.” Brandy turned her focus away from Jenn and looked at me, then at Jo, then back at me. She smiled broadly. “So, Kris, are you going to introduce me to this lovely young lady?”

I laughed, nudging her forward while still keeping my hold on her hand. “Yeah, sure. Jo, I’d like you to meet Brandy, this is Rob’s wife. And Brandy, this is my girlfriend, Jo.”

“It’s nice to finally meet you, Jo,” Brandy blurted out, batting away Jo’s outstretched hand and hugging her. “You know, Kris has told us so much about you.”

I could see that Jo was more than just a little uncomfortable with the sudden attention. She coughed and cleared her throat, obviously caught off guard by Brandy’s bubbly welcome. Jo was trying hard to be nice and social, but that kind of behavior didn’t come easily for her. “Uh, well, I hope it’s been all good things he’s told you.”

“Oh, of course. Everyone else is already here, let’s go meet them.” Brandy whisked Jo away, and Jo looked back at me with wide eyes. Our hands lost their vice grips on the other, and we were torn apart. I hated to see her go, but Brandy was so enthusiastic and it was a little amusing to see Jo’s deer-in-headlight expression. I knew these people, so I knew that Jo wouldn’t be thrown into the storm like she was expecting.

It was probably the first time since her arrival that we weren’t touching. And sad as this sounds, I already missed her.

Jenn walked away from us and into kitchen, presumably to get something to drink, and Couture called after her, “Bring me one, too.”

Wanting to do the same for me and Jo, I followed her into the other room. I grabbed water for myself, and a can of Mountain Dew for Jo. I twisted the lid and cracked open the bottle, taking a long swig before Jenn spoke to me. “He doesn’t talk about me the way you talk about Jo, does he?”

Wow, talk about being put on the spot. I didn’t wanna lie, but it really wasn’t my place to be truthful, was it? “Uh, he does talk about you a lot.” Just probably not in the way you wish he would.

“Yeah, and I have a pretty good idea of what he says about me. I bet it’s not at all the kinds of things you say about your girlfriend.”

“I don’t know, Jenn. He’s still with you, so... he likes you.” There had to have still been something he found in her that he liked or loved if he wouldn’t break up with her.

Jenn shook her head. “I don’t know why I bother,” she grumbled, grabbing two beers and heading back toward Logan. I felt bad for her, because she deserved better than how Couture treated her, but at least I was glad that she was wising up.

From the other room, I could hear him say to her, “Thanks for the beer. But why didn’t you take the cap off?”

Not wanting to get involved in that situation any more than I had to, I headed straight for the sliding patio doors to the back deck, where the pool was and undoubtedly all the other guests. I was right. Blake was hanging out by the grill with all the guys, and they were loudly discussing the best way to cook a decent steak. “Hey, guys,” I called, holding my hand up and nodding in their direction as a greeting.

A few of them said hello, some of them nodded back, and then some didn’t even notice I had showed up. They were too busy intently and intensely debating grilling techniques. So I turned away from them and headed over to the side of the pool, where some of the wives and girlfriends had sprawled out to start work on their tans. “Hey, ladies.” I scanned their group for Brandy and Jo as they held their hands up to shade their eyes, to know who they were saying hello to. “Have you seen my girlfriend?”

“They went back inside,” Jamie—Pickles’s on-again, off-again girlfriend—replied. I had a feeling that she was on-again this week because he, too, wanted to check out Blake’s home to see if Samantha were here. So far, though, there was no indication that she or their kids were here.

“Yeah, Brandy said she had a swimsuit that Jo could borrow. Nice girl, Kris,” Christina said. She was Marleau’s wife, and very similar in personality to Brandy—I think because Patrick had been captain before Bowlby was given the responsibility this season.

“Yeah, I think so, too,” I sighed, taking another drink from my water. “I’m gonna go find her. She just gets into town, and Brandy steals her from me,” I joked.

“You knew it was going to happen,” Amber Boyle kidded, laying back down on the plastic, folding chaise lounge chair and stretching out. “She always gets excited when there’s another girl to add to the group.”

I turned around and headed back inside to find them, but I got called over by Danny about some kind of grilling question. I threw in my two cents but bowed out after a couple of minutes so I could go find Jo. Jenn and Couture were talking in hushed tones in the living room, but I heard Brandy’s voice echoing from the top floor. I waited in the kitchen for them to join us rather than walk back through the living room and deal with whatever “couple” argument was going on.

After a few minutes of waiting, the two women came back down. Brandy looked the same, but Jo had obviously changed out of her clothes and into some kind of bathing suit, but she had a big beach towel wrapped around her midsection and tucked in to keep it from falling. She smiled at me when she saw me. “You gonna come get in the pool with me?”

“I’m wearing board shorts,” I told her, smirking as I watched her descend the staircase. I instantly wondered what her bathing suit looked like. A one-piece? Two-piece, maybe? How skimpy was it?

“Does that mean you’ll swim with me? No one else is, and I don’t wanna be alone.” Jo was smiling at me as she walked right up to me and held onto my forearms, rubbing them and squeezing them as she tried to entice me to join her.

“Sure.” I pulled off my tee shirt, watching as Jo’s eyes roamed over my chest. This was going to be difficult, to get through these few hours if we were going to be so scantily clad around each other. But curiosity got the best of me, and I reached for the end of the towel that was folded in, so I could get a little peek at her. “Whatcha wearing? Lemme see.” Jo let go and took a step back, now smiling mischievously at me. “What? Did you get shy all of a sudden?”

“No,” she teased, holding onto the fabric and taking another step back.

“Aw, come on. I wanna see you. I missed you.”

“Shoulda thought of that before you decided to hang out with your teammates tonight instead of be with me.”

She was being playful and trying to find a way to get back at me for not taking her straight back to my hotel. Well, two could play at this game. With my quick reflexes, I reached out quickly and tried to grab the towel; I felt the rough material under my fingers but I couldn’t get a good grip. Jo squealed and spun around, running around the island in the kitchen to put something between us.

Brandy was somewhere in the kitchen with us—I could hear her laughing at our antics—but I kept my eyes on Jo. I crouched and placed my hands on the marble counter, slowly leaning left and right and trying to figure out which way she’d go or to trick her into running. Jo was too smart for that, though, and she knew exactly what I was trying to do. “You’re not going to get me, Kristopher.”

“You think you can get away?”

Jo nodded. Then she glanced at something somewhere behind me and pointed. “Kris, look!”

I shook my head. “Oh no, I’m not falling for that. I’m not as dumb as you think.”

Suddenly, Couture appeared beside me and said, “What’s going on?” I turned for a split second when he came into my peripheral vision, and that’s when Jo made her move and ran for the patio doors. Ignoring Logan, I immediately set after her and followed her out the doors and onto the deck.

Jo skidded to a stop, looking left and then right to see which way she should run, so it took me just a second to catch up to her; I grabbed her and got a fistful of her towel and yanked. It unwrapped and revealed Jo in a fire-engine red, string bikini. She giggled and squirmed away, wresting herself out of the stiff fabric and my grasp. I was left with her towel in my hand and standing by the pool as she stood between me and the patio doors.

“Where you gonna run now?” I asked her.

“Nowhere.”

“Then what’re you gonna do?”

“Gonna push you into that pool, Kristopher, to get back at you.”

I laughed at her. “You think you can push me around?”

Jo only nodded, crouching down in a half-stance almost like a football player. I kept my feet shoulder-width apart, lowering my center of gravity, and balancing myself. I was used to getting slammed into by huge, beastly forwards—Jo was no threat to me.

She squinted her eyes and then suddenly began to run toward me at full speed. Her plan was to run right into me and push the both of us into the pool right behind me. As soon as she approached me, I grabbed her by the biceps and took a step to the side, swinging her around and dropping her into the cool, blue water.

The girls tanning by the pool groaned as they got splashed, and Jo resurfaced and sputtered, “Oh, you are so not funny.” She dunked her head backward into the water and slicked her hair back out of her face. “Get your ass in here, Letang. I mean it.”

“No, I think I changed my mind. It looks kinda cold,” I replied, standing with my toes hanging over the lip of the pool.

Jo swam over to the edge and splashed my feet before she rubbed her wet hands over my ankles and legs. “You told me you’d go swimming.”

“Maybe I’ll just get my feet wet,” I teased, sitting on the edge and dipping my feet into the chlorinated water on either side of her.

“Kris, babe,” she whined with a low tone, now sliding her hands over my knees and up my thighs, under my board shorts. “Come get wet with me.”

“Nah, I think I’ll just watch you.”

Jo rolled her eyes and backed up a little. She raised her eyebrow, like she was evaluating the situation. “Fine,” she sighed, relenting in her plot to get me into the pool with her. “If you don’t want to, I can’t make you.”

And then she placed her palms vertically in the water and pushed forward with her entire body, creating a wall of water that hit me like a tiny tidal wave. She giggled, so pleased with herself.

“I’m gonna make you pay for that,” I growled jokingly, pushing off the edge of the pool and jumping into the water. Jo tried to swim away from me, but I grabbed her ankles and pulled her toward me as she took several strokes and tried to get away.

“No,” she squealed and laughed, flailing and struggling. “Let me go. You’ll drown me.”

I got my arms around her and pulled her wet body against mine, feeling every curve and swell of her body through the flimsy bikini she was wearing. “That’s your just desserts for getting my hair wet.”

She threw her head back and chuckled so loudly that all of Orange County may have heard. “Aw, I’m so sorry. Your gorgeous hair,” she cooed, dipping her hands in the water and then running her fingers through my hair to get me even wetter.

“Now you’re really gonna get it!” I grabbed her shoulders and tried to push her down, but she slipped away and spun around to my back. Jo wrapped her arms around my neck and then her feet around my waist so she was latched onto my back, piggy-back style.

“Can’t dunk me now. Not so tough, now, are ya?”

Laughing one last time, I told her, “Better take a deep breath.” I grabbed onto her arms and held her in place as I jumped up and leaned backwards, taking us both under.

15 comments:

  1. ok first... I loved the song... it was perferct for this chapter!

    Secondly I loved their antics together... it was just... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, perfection. I missed them together, seriously. I was a little annoyed with Jo for being so pouty at the beginning of this chapter but she made up for her bad attitude later. Girl needs to learn to go with the flow sometimes!

    “Whatcha wearing? Lemme see.” Jo let go and took a step back, now smiling mischievously at me. “What? Did you get shy all of a sudden?”

    ^ That quote was adorable. Sooo cute.

    Also, I really enjoyed the new pictures you put up in the side bar. Lehot indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh. At last they meet again. I'm seriously not liking this Samantha situation, at all. She's gonna be shady, for sure.


    -elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allow me to just take a breath here for a second...

    LEHOT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THE PICTURE!!!! KRIS LETANG... THE HAIR... THE... UGGGGGGGHHHHH.

    OKay... now, onto the update...

    YAYAYA! I missed Kris and Jo!!! There were so many parts of this that my face got all hot and my heart melted, like how he hated that he wasn't touching her, or how Jenn (poor Jenn btw) wanted Logan to want her like Kris wants Jo (who doesn't want that).

    Then, the spat in the car, I totally was like "Jay, DON'T DO IT!" But, it was kind of endearing their little riff and how he just kisses it away, and c'mon she's disappointed she can't hide away and ravish him - can you blame her?

    Then, oh perfection of the towel/bathing suit/pool scene.

    I don't know how to quote it, or explain the way I just wanted to scream with happiness cause they were back together or ughhh. <3

    Less than 3 is all I can come up with.

    That update + the new Lehot picture = good times @ immediatedanger58.blogspot.com

    I am still worried because sooner than later they are going to have to deal with the fact that she is going to leave and not know when they will see each other again. But please, let that discussion come after the hot 'Kris owing Jo one for taking her out with the teammates and not letting her immediately ravish him' sex. Don't do something silly like have one of the women or team mates ask them at the dinner about when Jo will move there or something like that.

    Plus, SAMANTHA? C'moon... she exists, she had to. Come out come out wherever you are. I mean, the guys flew their ladies out just so they could be there to see you.

    BAH. So good. Glad you had a busy (fun!) weekend, hopefully no Blech! games tomorrow so we can have another update soon! I am excited for more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww they're too freaking adorable together (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kris sex hair Letang... nice pictures Jay!

    Loved the playfulness of this chapter and the exchange between them. Hope they can keep it PG in the pool. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww. Why'd ya have to end it there? That was so insanely cute.
    "There she was, my girl, finally here in San José with me, and the world could have ended and I would have been okay with that."
    --This was absolutely the most precious thing I've read. ugh, if only guys were as sincerely sweet as we wish or make them out to be.

    I was initially annoyed at Jo for acting like a pouty baby, but her attitude change in the end made up for it.

    The suspense is continuing to build about this mysterious Samantha. I was so sure Kris would bump into her in his effort to find Jo and Brandy while they were in the house. guess not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg
    so darn cute!
    i am so happy you updated!
    i am absolutely hooked on this story!
    can't wait for more!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how nice. Something romantic to cheer me up after my team was eliminated from the playoffs. Sniff.

    Kris seems to be so happy to have Jo there, it's very sweet, and they're very connected. I love this line:
    "My heart constricted in my chest, forgetting to beat and pump blood. I was so happy"
    That whole idea of the physical heart being related to the romantic heart is really beautiful.

    And their reunion scene in the airport is bringing to mind my fav Christmas movie, Love Actually. Just the idea that there is so much joy in the reunions at the airport.

    The teammates still seem to be an odd lot, with lots of issues. And yes it was a bit unkind to throw Jo in the middle of a party when she's a bit antisocial, hopefully Kris is not trying to change Jo and even more hopefully he will make it up to her later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh..they were so adorable in the airport<3

    Ohh Jenn, with TWO N's. You silly girl. When she told Jo she was Jenn with two N's I wanted to smack her : )

    Kris and Jo are just too cute together. Love them<3

    Ps. LOVE the picture of Kris with his hair covering his face. YUM.
    Great update.
    Can't wait to see the next update!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As I go...

    "In the long run, Couture’s curiosity about Blake’s mystery niece got the best of him, and he invited his girlfriend Jenn down from Guelph, Ontario for the weekend."
    ^^ Umm... douche? You invite your gf down so you can see what another girl looks like? Really? Ugh... seriously gtfo lol.

    "and I could just tell by the way that she looked up at him hopefully and smiled at him that she loved him."
    ^^ Sad face. I mean, part of me is so excited to see Kris and Jo back together, but the difference in experience is amazing. I know Kris and Jo are going to be complete with each other and it's just like... that poor girl.

    "I heard Jo before I saw her."
    ^^ YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYYAYAY JO!!!!!! Haha I'm so happy... eeek! And I loved this line!

    "There she was, my girl, finally here in San José with me, and the world could have ended and I would have been okay with that."
    ^^ Excuse me while my little heart melts into a puddle of mush. I want a Kris Letang! Please, please, please?!

    "There was just something about the way she fit into my arms that made me feel like I was whole again. I held her against me as she wrapped her legs around my hips as best as she could and then grabbed my face in her hands, planting kisses across my cheeks, forehead, nose, mouth, and chin."
    ^^ That image just made my day! I can't stop smiling... it's like... ughhh the greatest thing ever! I want someone to do that to! Seriously, everything from the build up to the moment to the description was fantastic. I'm soooo happy right now!

    "there must have been something utterly romantic for those random, anonymous people to witness, as two lovers completely disregarded the social acceptability of their actions and shared their private, intimate moment with hundreds of people. In fact, I think I heard a few people clapping, too."
    ^^ L O L this whole update just makes me giddier and giddier... this is so good! I know I'm using so many capitals and exclamation points... but this is making my inner 12 year old explode out of my chest. SO HAPPY!

    "As absolutely delighted as I was to have Jo back in my arms again, I couldn’t make out with her in the middle of the airport"
    ^^ Wait. What? Porquoi? I don't see a problem here... airport bathroom! GOGO!

    “Hi, two-N Jenn. I’m jay-oh Jo.”
    ^^ Bahahahahaa oh Jo... how you make me laugh. And really Kris, she is playing nice. That was just a dumb thing for two-N Jenn to say.

    “I didn’t have much to bring,” Jo replied with a cute smile. “I figured I wouldn’t need a lot of clothes.”
    ^^ AMEN!! I second that idea... infact, why are they still in the airport?? Hotel room away!!

    Ughhh oh yes... the party... I forgot...

    “Whatcha wearing? Lemme see.” Jo let go and took a step back, now smiling mischievously at me. “What? Did you get shy all of a sudden?”
    ^^ Eeek! Kris is so cute in this. He's like a little kid on Christmas morning and Jo's the shiny new, greatest toy ever! I lovvvvvve this update. Did I say that yet?

    "Brandy was somewhere in the kitchen with us—I could hear her laughing at our antics—but I kept my eyes on Jo. I crouched and placed my hands on the marble counter, slowly leaning left and right and trying to figure out which way she’d go or to trick her into running. Jo was too smart for that, though, and she knew exactly what I was trying to do. “You’re not going to get me, Kristopher.”"
    ^^ Ok. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love! This is just... gah! I'm dying right now! I'm so giddy that they're back together, having fun, being all cute... it's like everything is right in the world and my day can continue on a high note... seriously! The whole image of this was too much!

    And just everything about the pool... awwwww!! Loved it!

    Like... god this is the most annoying comment ever but I'm word vomiting from excitment. THEY'RE BACK TOGETHER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These comments are making me giggle just as much as the update. Oh, Jay, look what you do to us girls...
    I'm so antsy about what happens next. PLEASE update today! Before the game! PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. One word, two syllables - SUH-WEET!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this chapter was too cute for words!!!! you have made me revert to a giggly teenage girl.

    so glad they're together again. This chapter made me sooooo friggin happy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg this chapter was incredible
    I love how you captured these two in this chapter alone
    how they clicked, and it was like they were never apart at all
    and i've been downloading all the songs you put in this story
    i gotta say, it sure gave my iPod a good twist!
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete