Thursday, May 13, 2010

86.) Flip a Switch

It sucks to see my #1 team go out like that. I hope this post helps as some sort of a consolation to you, because it was certainly a welcome distraction for me. Which is why it turned out so damn long.

Soundtrack Song - Stone Temple Pilots, Between the Lines

So maybe this wasn’t how I had expected our big reunion to go, but it didn’t matter. I could have been tarred and feathered for all I cared. Or covered in honey and chased by bees. All that did matter was that I was here, in the same general vicinity as Kris, and even if we weren’t rolling around in bed together—yet—it was a relief just to be around him again. It felt like a five-ton weight had been lifted off me, and now I could be happy and light and free again.

As much as my body physically felt lighter, I also felt like I was buzzing. Humming. High. My mind was a little fuzzy and hazy, like I was deliriously happy, floating on air. But my body was on fire, ignited just by Kris’s presence. It wasn’t just because we hadn’t had sex yet, or that I hadn’t been laid in so long. He just had that crazy effect on me.

We wrestled around in the pool for a while, joking and laughing and having fun, acting like goofballs and spending time together like we were unable to do for the past eleven days. Sure, it wasn’t the crazy hot monkey sex I had been hoping to immediately engage in, but I was enjoying this, too. Then we floated around in the water and talked in whispers, making out for a few minutes at a time before separating ourselves. Everyone here for the cook out pretty much left us alone to catch up... but I could feel their eyes on us, watching us. I’m not sure what they were expecting from me or me and Kris.

When Rob announced that the food was ready and we got out of the pool to eat, I dried myself off and wrapped the towel back around myself. Even though there were things that I was less than pleased with about my body—like my narrow hips and straight waist—I wasn’t one to hide in a cover up. After all, I figured that if Kris liked my body enough, then I didn’t have anything to be ashamed of or hide. But I still had some scarring on my leg from my accident, and plus there was my tattoo. I just wanted to concentrate on having a good time and enjoying this coming week and not have to worry about answering sensitive questions.

In fact, I had asked Brandy if she had a regular one-piece, but she looked at me like I was nuts and told me to go with this red one because Kris would like it more than a one-piece. All the girls outside were in itsy-bitsy bikinis that were definitely for show more than practical use, which was most likely why they wore them to tan and not to swim. I probably looked like a prude in comparison to those girls. But the weather had been so nice, especially in comparison to Pittsburgh, and I was excited to get to go swimming again that I relented.

And I didn’t look like those girls, at all. I was pasty and brunette and boyish, and they were tan and blonde and curvaceous. When I thought about it, though, I wondered how much money had been poured into their fake bodies in the form of implants and surgeries. Sure, maybe some of them were genuinely that voluptuous and drop-dead gorgeous, but this was Orange County, California: the land of the fake. Their husbands and boyfriends could afford to pay for their bodily modifications. But this... this was me. My natural, organic, God-given self, and I just didn’t compare.

When Kris and I moved into the line to grab plates and food, I could hear the girls say how cute we were together or how adorable Kris was in how he acted with me—and I heard the guys grumble about how Kris was making them look bad. All I could do was chuckle over it. It kind of felt funny because for once in my life, people were envious of me. I was so used to everyone’s pity and empathy, so this definitely was weird, a new experience for me.

But, when you think about it, Kris and I kinda deserved this sliver of happiness. After everything we’d both been through in our lives, both together and apart, this sense of elation was warranted. At least, I thought so.

The guys had cooked up a smörgåsbord of meat. Barbecued chicken, steak, burgers, hot dogs, brats, ribs... it was disgusting the amount of food they had grilled. And Brandy had apparently been busy in the kitchen for days, because there were ears of corn, all kinds of pasta salads, potato salad, fruit salad... everything you could possibly imagine. I knew that hockey players could eat a lot, but this was going overboard, in my opinion.

I sat down on the bench of a picnic table that was set up in the corner of the deck, choosing the side that looked out over the deck. Kris followed me over and sat next to me. I was surprised that his plate didn’t collapse in on itself because it was stacked with heaping mounds of food. “Jesus, Kris. Haven’t you eaten in the past couple days?”

“What?” he asked, like I was silly for even questioning him. “I’m hungry. I’ve been running around all evening after some girl. I really worked up an appetite.”

“Geez, if you think that was draining, how are you possibly going to handle tonight?” I asked him, trying to suppress my giggle. “Better load up on the carbs, babe, for energy.”

From my seat at the table, I had a good view of the entire deck: the pool, the chaise lounges, the grill, and the patio doors. It was nice to be able to observe everyone and their interactions and how everyone fit together. Even though only the guys with girlfriends or wives had been invited, the boys still hung out in groups having to do with their ages. The older guys and their wives stayed together, and the young guys and their girls came over to join me and Kris.

I expected the dynamic of our evening to change; now that Kris and I were out of the pool, I figured we weren’t going to be left alone anymore. We’d have to talk and be social with these people—me especially, because I was the new person in the group and bound to be in the spotlight. Or more like a bright lamp and magnifying glass of a police interrogator.

Needless to say, I was not exactly looking forward to trying to make small talk with these people. Not after the day before and Dave’s stupid friends and that whole fucking disaster. Well, at least these girls couldn’t accuse me of lying. They had visual proof that I was dating who I said I was dating. That wouldn’t be an issue. But there were going to be the obligatory questions of how we met, how long we’ve been together, how serious is our relationship, and then the general comments about how it must suck to have to be separated.

But, luckily for me, I think they all realized that Kris and I only cared about being together and reveling in this moment, so they left us alone. Jamie and Marc and Logan and Jenn talked amongst themselves, leaving me to eat in peace. I could feel myself get a little tired. Kris had a point about running around and swimming; it was exhausting. Not to mention, I was still on Pittsburgh time. I wasn’t at risk of falling sleep, but I had lost that childlike energy that I had been infused with because of my excitement.

Brandy made her rounds, making sure that everyone was okay and enjoying everything. She was the ultimate hostess, or maybe that was her maternal instinct kicking in as she tried to mother this group of young guys. “Make sure you all save room. I made cupcakes,” she said, hovering over us as we ate. Then she held up her hands before anyone could say anything. “Now, I won’t take no for answer. I made them with Splenda and whole-wheat flour. There’s no reason for anyone not to have one.”

I smiled and nodded like everyone else, but in my head, I couldn’t help but think that her healthy brand of cupcakes sounded kind of disgusting. Half the fun of sugary junk food was in knowing that it wasn’t good for you. Even if Brandy’s bakery concoction wasn’t disgusting, it certainly didn’t sound appetizing.

The sound of a young voice distracted us. “Mom!” A young girl, no more than eight or nine, bounded through the patio doors. Her blonde, curly pig tails bounced as she ran over to Brandy—but as soon as she was beside her, she blushed and tried to hide her face away from all of us sitting at the picnic table.

“Hey, Pumpkin,” Brandy cooed, petting her hand over the young girl’s head as she looked at her watch on her other wrist. “I thought you guys were going to see Alice in Wonderland?”

Another female voice carried out across the deck. “Sold out.”

I looked over toward the sliding glass doors. First I saw another kid, a boy, who was no more than a year older than this girl. He had a mop of yellow curls on his head, so I assumed he was this girl’s brother and that these were Brandy and Rob’s kids.

But then I noticed the person who had spoken the last two words. She certainly didn’t look like these two kids; she had jet-black, stringy hair that was hanging in her face. She was tall and thin, but her clothes were baggy, like she was dressed in one of Blake’s giant-sized sweat suits. The weather was so nice that it was odd to see her wearing such heavy clothing. She looked to be only about sixteen or seventeen. Must’ve been the babysitter.

“Oh, well,” Brandy sighed. “I guess nothing you can do about that. Are you guys hungry?”

It was easy to deduce that Brandy had wanted to get her kids out of the house while she threw this party for a bunch of rowdy hockey players and their scantily-clad significant others. The girl was obviously shy, and the boy was too busy staring at the all the chesty girls like he was locked overnight in a candy store. His mouth was agape as he blatantly checked them all out, but I doubted he knew why he was so fascinated with all those pair of titties. He couldn’t have been more than ten.

“No,” the little girl replied. “Sammy took us out for pizza.”

“Did she?” Brandy asked back, placing her hand on the girl’s back and directing her toward the door. “Let’s go inside and you can tell me all about it.”

As they walked away from us, I began to dig back into my plate of food and waited for the conversation to pick back up again. But no one said anything. I glanced up from my plate and over at the rest of the people at the table. Kris, Marc, and Logan were exchanging these looks like they were in on something big, on the verge of a landmark discovery. Marc was the first to really react, and all he did was mouth a name. “Samantha.”

The guys nodded back at him, and pretty soon they erupted into loud, bellowing laughter. I felt out of the loop, but that was to be expected since I was new to this group and these circumstances. But I wasn’t alone in feeling left out, because I exchanged my own glances with Jamie and two-N Jenn. They were just as confused as I was. After a few moments, though, the guys’ chuckles and snickers died down and they, too, resumed eating and eventually began talking again.

I leaned against Kris, now finished with my food. He was true to character as he picked off my plate and began to mow through everything I hadn’t eaten. It was nice to know that even though we’d been away from each other—even though I suppose it really hadn’t been that long of a separation in the scheme of things—Kris hadn’t changed one bit. Gazing up at him, I watched him eat away at some ribs and accidentally smear barbecue sauce around his mouth. This was so Kris. I tried to hand him my napkin.

“What?” he asked, his mouth full of food.

“You’ve got sauce,” I told him, keeping my voice low so I wouldn’t embarrass him. I chuckled to myself, thinking about how I had just done something similar with Tubby only yesterday; I think it said a lot about the type of people I hung around with: guys who dove into things headfirst, just like the way they ate, without caring about the mess that may result.

Kris must have assumed that I was laughing at him. He teased me, “Hmm? I don’t think I heard you.”

Rolling my eyes, I reached over with my napkin to wipe it off for him. I didn’t want to pull a mother-move by cleaning his face in front of his teammates, but it was kind of a pet peeve of mine when people had food on their face. “I said, you have sauce....”

“What’s that?” he continued to joke. Kris wrapped his hand around my wrist so I couldn’t attack his face and wipe away the mess. “You want me to kiss you?”

It dawned on me, what he was going to do, and I squirmed and tried to get away. “No!” I squealed, trying to lean away, but he tightened his grip around my wrist. Kris manhandled me like he had when we were horsing around in the pool, pulling me toward him as he puckered up. I tried to hide my face, but he was strong enough that there was nothing I could do to get away.

He kissed my cheek and then rubbed his chin across my face, transferring the sticky, tangy sauce from his face to mine. “Eww,” I giggled, feeling his breath on my skin as he chuckled along with me. I finally pushed him away, but only because he let go of me rather than I was able to escape his evil clutches.

“Here, Jo,” he said in jest, handing my napkin back to me. “You’ve got a little something.”

“Ugh, I liked you better when you had no sense of humor,” I snarked back, snatching the napkin from him and desperately trying to clean my face. Now I was going to be all sticky. But I could tell at this very moment that the combination of chlorine and barbecue sauce would forever bring this scene to mind. And at any future barbecue by any pool, I knew that I would recall the way I was feeling at this very moment, perfectly content with the world as I sat next to Kris, and the memory of this would never fail to bring a smile to my face.

As I scrubbed my cheek clean, I heard two-N Jenn sigh. “See, now that is just beyond adorable. Call me cynical, but I didn’t think they made guys that sweet.” She cast a sideways glance Logan, who was sitting beside her. “I’ve certainly never met one before.”

Her comment really caught my attention, because that was a total cut on her boyfriend—and made right in front of him, too. It was one thing to have a little fight in the car with other people around, like what Kris and I had done, but it was another thing entirely to publicly take a dig at someone like this. Me being mad about having to go to this party and Jenn’s anger at Logan’s bad boyfriend behavior were two different balls of wax, because at least Kris and I were still enjoying our time together while we had the opportunity. Jenn wasn’t getting along with him, and it was obviously reciprocated by Logan.

“Aww, are you feeling neglected?” Logan chuckled, answering her jab with a move of his own. He swiped his finger along a piece of chicken on his plate before he smeared the barbecue sauce like lipstick along the lines of his mouth. “Do you want a kiss, too?”

He leaned toward and smacked his lips together, and she was not pleased with him at all. “Logan!” she yelled, giving him a hard shove as she stood up furiously and glared at him with hurt and anger and exasperation in her eyes.

“What?” he asked, wiping his mouth off on the back of his hand. “Where are you going? Sit down.”

Jenn’s mouth hung open as she searched for the words to accurately convey the emotions that were welling up inside her, but she couldn’t find them. It was like watching their relationship disintegrate and crumble into dust right in front of our eyes. Logan rolled his eyes and made a face like Jenn was being stupid and unreasonable, and that gesture was what finally made her to walk away from him. She stormed away from him and us, heading toward the patio doors like she was leaving.

Now that she had raised the stakes, Logan suddenly decided to take this very seriously. He got up from the table and followed her, sounding remorseful and begging, “Aw, come on, Jenny-Benny. Please come back....”

I shook my head. Once they were in the house and out of hearing range, Kris merely said, “Wow.”

“I’ve never seen a girl get that mad over something so stupid,” Marc commented.

“It’s not stupid to her,” Jamie sighed, clearly feeling like she could relate but not wanting to stir up trouble for her own relationship.

“What do you mean?” Marc asked her.

Jamie shrugged. “She just wants him to be more affectionate, to show her that she matters to him. Instead, he mocks her in front of his friends and makes a fool out of her.”

“He was just joking around.”

“If that was ‘just joking around,’” I spoke up, “then he’s got one twisted sense of humor. They obviously did not belong together, and she deserves a guy that will treat her how she wants to be treated. See ya later, two-N Jenn. She won’t be back.” Jamie nodded with me; we had both recognized the annoyance and dissatisfaction in Jenn’s expression, and we knew that she was calling it quits. Kris and Marc just kind of looked at each other and shrugged, probably not wanting to get involved or take sides against their teammate. It was a guy thing.

I rested my head against my boyfriend’s bare shoulder, glad to be the one girl in the world lucky enough to be with Kris. I didn’t need those poor examples of boyfriends to compare to him to know that I had a great man by my side. We each had had to go through a lot of shit and mud, both individually and together, to get to this place where we could be carefree and enjoy ourselves.

Closing my eyes, I let out a long exhalation. Kris’s hand snaked around my waist, his fingers gently rubbing up and down my side as he and Marc talked about something. The gentle massage was soothing. My mind was elsewhere, lost in savoring this good feeling of being here. I had waited a long time for this day. And while I knew that things couldn’t or wouldn’t always be this good, I also knew that it was because things wouldn’t always be so great that I needed to relish in this moment.

Brandy’s voice pulled me out of my meditation. “Oh, sweetie, are we boring you?” she laughed, setting a plate of her healthy cupcakes on the table for us to partake in. “Although, I guess you’re probably still on east coast time and feeling jet-lagged. Plus, you’ve had a big day.”

“No, I’m okay,” I told her, sitting up straight. I was a night owl, and it was only about ten o’clock at home in the Burgh. It had been a busy day, but I was still planning on having a long night ahead of me.

“It’s okay. If you want to leave, you can. Why don’t you go change, and I’ll wrap up some food for you guys to take with you? There’s a fridge in your hotel room, right, Kris?”

“Uh, yeah. Thanks, that’s really nice of you, Brandy,” he replied.

“Oh, not a problem at all. There’s more than enough here to feed a whole army.”

I decided to pounce on this opportunity that Brandy was presenting to me, so I could pounce on Kris back at the hotel. I stood up and headed back inside the house. My clothes had been folded up and stashed in bathroom, where I had changed into Brandy’s bathing suit. I found my tank top, jeans, socks, and shoes right where I left them—but my set of lacy underthings had mysteriously gone missing. Grunting, I went commando and slipped into my clothes. Then I hung up the red top and bottoms over the curtain rod of the shower before I headed back down the stairs and into the kitchen, where Kris and Brandy were standing. Kris had a few Tupperware containers in his hands.

“Boyle’s gonna take us home,” Kris told me as I stepped beside him. Two-n Jenn and Logan were long gone, so we needed another way home. “He and his wife Amber have to get home to relieve their babysitter.”

“Uh, okay. But Kris...” I sighed, trying to think of how to say this to him. “Um, I think someone took my underwear.”

“What?” he asked, looking perplexed.

“I know, but when I went to go change, I found my clothes, but not my bra or panties.”

Brandy spoke up as she packed away more food. “Sorry, dear. I should’ve told you to hide your things somewhere safe. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that one of the boys went through your stuff. I think something like that happened to Kent Huskins last year after he was traded here to San José to his girlfriend.”

“What happened to her stuff?” I asked her, hoping for some kind of indication of what to expect. If she knew this much about their antics and forgot to tell me, I couldn’t help but become suspicious and imagine that she was in on it. Then again, she almost seemed like a frazzled schoolmarm in charge of too many out-of-control boys.

“Um, I think they just ended up stapled on the wall of the dressing room at the Tank,” she replied.

“Aw man!” I groaned. “That was Victoria’s Secret! Don’t they know how expensive that can be?”

“I’m gonna go talk to them,” Kris grumbled. “That’s too far. I don’t like the idea of them stealing my girlfriend’s underwear.”

I tried to picture Kris lecturing his new teammates about this little stunt or initiation rite. First of all, I couldn’t imagine him publicly talking about women’s underwear in public, in general, let alone having to confront all those guys about it. Yes, Kris had his boundaries, and those guys definitely crossed them, but I hated the idea of Kris having to potentially ostracize himself from the group because of that. “No, let’s not worry about it. If that’s the worst they’re going to do, I’m fine with it.”

“But—” Kris started, but he was cut off by Brandy.

“Um, Jo? Were your things white, by any chance?”

“Yes,” I sighed, wondering how she knew that. I glanced away from Kris and saw her looking into her freezer. She glanced back at me and gave me a look like I should come see for myself. Moving beside her as she stood in front of the appliance, I saw my bra and panties in a frozen ball. They had been soaked in water and thrown into her freezer, like a lingerie ice cube, and there was no way I could wear them until they thawed. “Seriously? This is what they thought of?”

Pulling my underwear out of the freezer, I showed Kris. They were frozen stiff—what a lame-ass prank. It looked like a lacy, icy mini-glacier. They were thorough, I had to give them that.

Kris sounded so disappointed when he finally recognized the set. “Hey. That’s my favorite....”

“I know,” I told him. “That’s why I wore this today, specially for you.”

Now it was Kris’s turn to pout. I could almost see into his mind’s eye as he was clearly picturing me dressed in barely-there white. If only he had taken me straight to his hotel, instead of here, he would have been able to see it.

Brandy said, “Don’t encourage those boys. If you laugh, then they’ll think it’s okay.”

“Yeah, but if they don’t get some kind of reaction, they’ll just try something else—something way more extreme than this,” I sighed. Stupid boys. It felt like elementary school, when the boys would target the girls in training bras and would snap our straps through our shirts to torment us.

Kris and I looked at each other for a moment, trying to plot out what to do. “Unless,” I thought aloud, “we get them back somehow.”

“Oh, no, oh hell no, I am not getting mixed up in this middle of this,” he answered, throwing his hands up in the air. “I will not engage in this war. And I highly recommend that you don’t either. Let’s just, I don’t know, throw this into the microwave and melt them.”

“I’m not putting Victoria’s Secret in the microwave!”

“And no offense, Kris, but I’m not letting your girlfriend put her underwear in my microwave,” Brandy countered, placing some of those Tupperware containers in a bag for us to take back to the hotel.

That’s when a heard the howls of laughter echoing from behind us. I spun around and glared at them. “Hardy-har-har, guys.”

“Funny, right?” one of them asked me, but I wasn’t even sure who it was.

“No, not exactly. Victoria’s Secret,” I emphasized. It didn’t bug me so much that they had gone through my things and pulled a little stunt on me—I had been put through far worse by James’s teammates in high school—but it was the fact that this was my best set of lingerie that I had brought with me.

“Oh come on, we did you a favor,” Marc laughed. “We reduced the amount of clothing you guys are going to have to tear off each other tonight.” The guys all laughed, and so did I. Kris appeared to chuckle, but his cheeks flamed, too, which completely gave him away.

I didn’t press the issue, and neither did Kris or any of the other guys. This was my own little introduction into their group, just like how Kris’s skates had been taped and then been forced to pay for dinner. We said our goodbyes, grabbed my backpack and the containers of food from Brandy, and then followed Amber and Dan out to their car. The ride was silent because the Boyles had assumed I was exhausted; really, it was because I was too busy rubbing my hand suggestively against Kris’s upper, inner thigh, and Kris was too busy focusing on his breathing to be able to speak.

Kris had complained about the place he had been staying, but I had assumed it was because he missed Pittsburgh, and this place just wouldn’t compare to home. While it wasn’t the worst hotel I’d ever seen, it certainly wasn’t what I had been expecting. It wasn’t a storied building, but more like a three-sided block that was open to the main street, with a parking lot in the middle of the three sides.

Before Dan could even bring the car to a full stop, Kris threw his door open, grabbed the bag of food that had been sent home with us, and my hand. “Thanks for the ride! See you tomorrow!” he hollered impolitely, dragging a giggling me behind him. I could barely keep up with his long, determined strides as he hurried toward his room door. “I thought we’d never get here.”

It was such a turn-on to see the how desperately he wanted to get me into his room. His hands fumbled with the card key, but eventually he was able to swipe it and we gained entry. “I know. I need you so bad, Kris. I’ve been looking forward to this crazy hot monkey sex since I kissed you at the airport.”

“Crazy what?” he asked, throwing open the door and tugging me in with him. He dropped the bag of food and immediately forgot about it as he grabbed my waist and pulled me to him.

I grabbed the hem of his shirt and pulled it up over his head, my hands running down his shoulders and arms. I punctuated each word with a kiss across his naked chest. “Crazy. Hot. Monkey. Sex.” Then I grabbed the bottom of my tank top to do the same for me. “I told you how long I’ve been waiting to do this.”

Kris put his hands over mine. “I know, since you got in. But I—”

“No, since I kissed you at the airport. At the Pittsburgh airport, when you left the day you were traded. I’ve wanted you every day you were gone. I’ve wanted you every minute we were in the pool, on the car ride to Blake’s, the ride here, and holy mother of God do I want you now.”

His breath quickened a little, and I quickly took off my shirt. Kris’s hands instinctively moved northward, cupping my breasts in his big, rough hands. His thumbs circled my nipples. “But I wanted tonight to be special. First night back together,” he whispered with a gruff voice. He wanted this just as badly as I did, and he wouldn’t have been able to keep his hands off me if his life depended on it. Let’s face it: even though he had an old, romantic soul, he was still a typical twenty-two-year-old male.

“We can go slow and romantic later,” I moaned, arching into his touch. I thought it was pretty evident from the moment we saw each other that I wanted him. And I wanted the we’ve-been-apart-for-far-too-long, hard-and-fast fucking I had been expecting, and not the incredibly-slow-and-passionate, practically-Sting-like-marathon-tantric making love he was thinking about. “I need to get off, Kris. I need you to help me get off.” With a quick few flicks of the wrist, I had my jeans unfastened, and gravity pulled them to the floor. I grabbed Kris’s hand and placed it between my legs, and his fingers automatically felt between my folds.

Kris, being his usual man-of-few-words self, simply moaned as he felt how physically turned on I was. I egged him on as his fingers slid around and gently explored my most sensitive areas. “I’m so hot for you, babe. Only you can do this to me. I only get wet for you.”

Then I reached for the bulge in his board shorts, fondling him through the fabric. “And you’re so hard. I know you want me bad, Kris. I bet you only get this hard for me.” He nodded, his hair falling down into his eyes and his mouth silently gaping open. I was so close to flipping the switch in him from the making love position to the crazy hot monkey sex position, and I knew I could do it if I kept talking. “Tell me, Kris. Tell me that I’m the only girl who does this to you.”

“Only girl,” he breathed quietly, and then he assaulted my mouth with his own. Our lips and teeth and tongues went into full-on attack mode—only to have that hot kiss interrupted by a knock on the door.

With the switch now flipped, Kris moved his mouth to the thin skin of my neck, leaving me with the responsibility of finding out the cause of our poorly timed disruption. My voice was a high pitched, barely audible squeak. “Who is it?”

“It’s Dan.” The voice was familiar, but my brain had shut off and it took me a moment to realize it was Boyle, Kris’s teammate. “You left your backpack in my car. I thought you might want it....”

I was naked. “You gotta answer the door,” I said to Kris, pushing on his shoulders to separate his mouth from my body. “Do it fast, so we can do it.” And then I dove under the covers of his bed, tucking the sheet under my armpits.

Kris checked to make sure I was sufficiently covered before he rudely threw open the door and snatched the bag from Dan. “Thanks, man,” he mumbled, remembering his manners at the very last minute.

“No problem. See you tomorrow. ’Night, Jo. Have fun, you two.”

Choosing to find humor in the situation instead of mortification, I laughed. There wasn’t anything to be embarrassed about; everyone I had met at the Blakes’ knew that this was going to happen tonight. “Condoms are in the front pouch.”

Our little interlude was enough to put a hint of hesitation back into his actions. As he reached for the box I had bought and brought with me, he asked, “Are you sure...? We can slow down.”

I tossed back the covers and lay down on the bed, slowly dragging my hands along my body to entice him. “I’m sure. I want your hard dick in my wet pussy. I want you to fuck me good and hard.”

Faster than a blink of my eyes, his board shorts were on the floor, and I stared at him. His broad, strong shoulders, the tattoo on his beefy bicep, the line of hair that pointed down to his hard, thick cock saluting me at full mast. Before long, he was ripping open the foil and rolling the rubber down the length of his shaft. He knelt onto the bed and crawled between my legs, leaning over me.

He reached down with one hand and guided the head of his dick into me. Closing my eyes, I made myself feel as he pushed every inch of himself into me. I squeezed my muscles around him, pulling at him and inviting him to keep going. Kris moaned, first grinding his pelvis against mine before he pulled out slowly and then pounded into me hard. He bent over further and planted his hot, wet mouth over most of my right breast, his tongue flicking my hard nipple.

“That’s it, Kris,” I encouraged him, planting my feet against the bed and moving my hips in time with his. “Go harder, babe. Faster. Yes, that’s it.”

With my words of direction, he sped up his pace until I couldn’t keep up; I wasn’t able to synchronize my movements in time with his thrusts. Kris finally got fed up at our uncoordinated efforts, so he grabbed my hips and lifted my bottom off the bed as he pushed up to his knees. At first, he just held me up and held me in place as he plunged into me at his fervent tempo. But then, that wasn’t good enough for him, so he pulled me toward him to match him thrust-for-thrust.

His dark strands of hair were hanging in his face as he looked down to watch as his cock pushed into me over and over again. When he glanced up at my face, his pupils were dilated so much that his eyes appeared black. Kris looked possessed as he frantically slammed into me, the staccato sounds of our bodies clapping together filling the room. It was hot to see him let go like this and use my body for his own physical satisfaction. I think I derived more pleasure from watching him like this than I did from the actual sex itself.

I was like a bottle of Pepsi, under high pressure: I was tense and in need of release. Every time he pounded into me, it was like shaking that bottle and increasing the pressure. I had no release valve or safety feature—I was going to explode. All my weight was on my shoulders, because Kris was holding my hips up off the bed, and it was an uncomfortable position, but I had to get off and relieve the pressure.

“Yes, Kris. Please don’t stop. I’m so close. I’m—” I couldn’t finish my sentence or thought, because the only sound that left my mouth was a scream. It felt like my body had slammed into a brick wall as the cap of my bottle burst off and I climaxed with a force that rocked my body, head to toe.

That was exactly what I had needed.

But Kris didn’t stop there. He, apparently, wasn’t finished yet. He kept going at that same pace, crashing his body repeatedly into mine. I knew it would hurt to walk tomorrow, but I didn’t care; this was what I had asked for. My body started its build up of pressure again. I whimpered and begged him to keep going, telling him that I was already going to come again. My body had missed this, and now it wanted its fill.

This time, when I orgasmed, it wasn’t as forceful. It was a slow, gradual release that lasted several seconds. The heat and feel of my body coming around his finally was too much for him to handle, and Kris’s face twitched and scrunched up as he grunted and moaned.

He stayed inside of me as he recovered, and I felt as his dick softened inside me. The rising and falling of his chest slowed methodically as the incubus was exorcised from Kris’s body and my sweet boyfriend regained control of himself.

Slowly, he pulled out and sat my bottom back down on the bed, and then he flopped down beside me on the bed. I wanted to curl up next to him and lay on him, to feel his arms around me, but I couldn’t move. I was just as stupefied as him. It took me five minutes to finally muster up the strength to say, “Thank you.”

11 comments:

  1. Wow. Well I wasn't even depressed to begin with, so I get to be extra happy. That was the perfect combination of love and sex. Sweet and hot.
    Way to go Jay, I hope you're happy now too!

    BTW, I am in total agreement that cupcakes should be cupcakes and not low cal cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And she's probably right about the fake world of the real OC.

    So Samantha finally reared her (ugly) head - can't help but think she's going to be a lot of trouble.

    This line made me think you're going to break their happiness - "this sliver of happiness." - Why would you do that Jay? Why?

    Sauce - wow, just wow. Sex hair wet haired Kris with sauce on his face... think you might need to photoshop that one in?

    Underwear - just plain weird. Logic behind it - excellent.

    "He nodded, his hair falling down into his eyes and his mouth silently gaping open" - to me there was something so beautifully sensual about this line... Pittsburgh should set up a mail order service for Kris Letang,coming to a bedroom near you.

    "Thank you" - not 'I love you' or 'Wow' or anything else... sex was that good and THAT hot. Thanks Jay, you just made my evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa baby.
    sex was indeed crazy, hot, and monkey like (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I go... I might add... I'm VERY excited for this one lol.

    "Sure, it wasn’t the crazy hot monkey sex I had been hoping to immediately engage in, but I was enjoying this, too."
    ^^ It's funny because when I was reading the last update, I basically thought the same thing... but I still want the hot monkey sex... just sayin.

    "I wasn’t at risk of falling sleep, but I had lost that childlike energy that I had been infused with because of my excitement."
    ^^ Awww! I love this, because I KNOW this. I think everyone has experienced this at some point or another in their life. It makes me giddy just thinking about it.

    "His mouth was agape as he blatantly checked them all out, but I doubted he knew why he was so fascinated with all those pair of titties. He couldn’t have been more than ten."
    ^^BAHAHAHA and so it starts... poor kid has no idea what he's in for, for the rest of his life.

    "It was one thing to have a little fight in the car with other people around, like what Kris and I had done, but it was another thing entirely to publicly take a dig at someone like this. Me being mad about having to go to this party and Jenn’s anger at Logan’s bad boyfriend behavior were two different balls of wax, because at least Kris and I were still enjoying our time together while we had the opportunity."
    ^^ I get this and I see how awkward it is for everyone else... but I really, really don't blame her. If it was me, I wouldn't even be in that relationships anymore but... I'm glad that she's finally starting to see the way things are.

    "I tried to picture Kris lecturing his new teammates about this little stunt or initiation rite. First of all, I couldn’t imagine him publicly talking about women’s underwear in public, in general, let alone having to confront all those guys about it."
    ^^HAHAHAHAHA Ohhhh no!! I can picture it in my head, but it comes out as a cartoon. Kris, you can lecture Jo, but you can't lecture these guys... they'd eat you alive.

    THEY DID THAT TO ME! Allllll the time! Every time I got home after being away for a while the boys would ALWAYS do that! Ughh I mean, no harm, but just annoying as anything.
    In this case though, I'd take that over my bra/panties on the wall at the Shark Tank, just sayin lol

    “Unless,” I thought aloud, “we get them back somehow.”
    ^^ Muhahahah <3 you Jo...

    "Kris, being his usual man-of-few-words self"
    ^^ Amen! That's the way they should be!

    "His broad, strong shoulders, the tattoo on his beefy bicep, the line of hair that pointed down to his hard, thick cock saluting me at full mast."
    ^^ ... ok... now I'm gonna have dirty thoughts of Jonathan Toews all night... I mean... Tanger >.>
    GOD that's a beautiful description...

    I'll leave it at that... wow, just wow.
    And it was long, but it was so good it didn't feel that way at all! Awesome update, Jay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, this comment is going to be a marathon because this update was unbelievable, everything about it was just... well, here we go.

    “What?” he asked, like I was silly for even questioning him. “I’m hungry. I’ve been running around all evening after some girl. I really worked up an appetite.”
    “Geez, if you think that was draining, how are you possibly going to handle tonight?” I asked him, trying to suppress my giggle. “Better load up on the carbs, babe, for energy.”
    - I FUCKING LOVE THEM!

    I smiled and nodded like everyone else, but in my head, I couldn’t help but think that her healthy brand of cupcakes sounded kind of disgusting. Half the fun of sugary junk food was in knowing that it wasn’t good for you. Even if Brandy’s bakery concoction wasn’t disgusting, it certainly didn’t sound appetizing.
    - Couldn't agree more.

    But I could tell at this very moment that the combination of chlorine and barbecue sauce would forever bring this scene to mind. And at any future barbecue by any pool, I knew that I would recall way I was feeling at this very moment, perfectly content with the world as I sat next to Kris, and the memory of this would never fail to bring a smile to my face.
    - The entire sauce thing made ME insanely jealous and they are fake characters, so Jenn, no kidding. But then she's all sentimental and he just affects her so completely, the exact same way she affected him last update.. Sigh.

    I decided to pounce on this opportunity that Brandy was presenting with me, so I could pounce on Kris back at the hotel.
    - YOU GO GIRL!

    The ride was silent because the Boyles had assumed I was exhausted; really, it was because I was too busy rubbing my hand suggestively against Kris’s upper, inner thigh, and Kris was too busy focusing on his breathing to be able to speak.
    - Okay, like even the smallest little things make me giggle uncontrollably. Kris all tensed and ready to go, like holy hell. I want a Kris, okee?

    “Thanks for the ride! See you tomorrow!” he hollered impolitely, dragging a giggling me behind him. I could barely keep up with his long, determined strides as he hurried toward his room door. “I thought we’d never get here.”
    - Honestly, this is so hot, that he is so anxious and I would be ready to go just seeing him like that all lusty, sigggggh. And then, the scene at the door with the backpack and how he almost slams the door in his face, of course finally remembering politeness and saying thanks.

    Let’s face it: even though he had an old, romantic soul, he was still a typical twenty-two-year-old male.
    - AND THANK HEAVENS FOR THAT :D

    The rising and falling of his chest slowly methodically as the incubus was exorcised from Kris’s body and my sweet boyfriend regained control of his body.
    - Okay, redo. I don't want a Kris. I want a Kris Incubus that I can lock away with.

    This update was absolutely entertaining from beginning to blissfully hot end. But, as mentionned a million times before, what now? What after their vacation? What's Samantha's deal? Are they going to get the team back? (Please, say yes.)

    Totaaaaallly made me less depressed about the loss last night, so, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bah hahaha. Zigh - we were doing the same thing at the same time. Jay looks what you do to us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you I really needed consoling, and an update from you always makes me happy!

    Every word was wonderful but I have to point out some (just a few) of my favorites

    **But I could tell at this very moment that the combination of chlorine and barbecue sauce would forever bring this scene to mind. And at any future barbecue by any pool, I knew that I would recall the way I was feeling at this very moment, perfectly content with the world as I sat next to Kris, and the memory of this would never fail to bring a smile to my face.**
    So frigging insightful.

    **Kris sounded so disappointed when he finally recognized the set. “Hey. That’s my favorite....”**
    So frigging cute.

    **His dark strands of hair were hanging in his face as he looked down to watch as his cock pushed into me over and over again. When he glanced up at my face, his pupils were dilated so much that his eyes appeared black. Kris looked possessed as he frantically slammed into me, the staccato sounds of our bodies clapping together filling the room. It was hot to see him let go like this and use my body for his own physical satisfaction. I think I derived more pleasure from watching him like this than I did from the actual sex itself**
    SO FRIGGING HOT!

    And finally to quote Jo
    "Thank you"


    PS Love the new sidebar pictures. His hair is so great (long or short) why why why must he always wear a hat?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This update was pretty much epic and did a lot to cheer me up after that game.

    First of all: OMG AWA AWA AWA AWA! Jo and Kris are so friggin cute! I seriously agree with two 'n' Jenn. They really do not make them like that anymore.

    There's so much I want to say about this, but gahh I can't think because the end totally fried my brain. Can you say, HOT HOT HOT?! Ughhh Kris. I want one so freakin' badly!

    Jay, I love you and your writing. Lovely, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm back, I was actually thinking about your story as I drove into the city today, and one other thing I liked was the way that the two of them are so happy together and oblivious to everyone else. That they just have their own little world, completely unselfconscious, I can just see that and it's so romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I guess Samantha isn't as much of a threat as we all thought she would be.. yet, anyway.

    There were so many insanely cute moments throughout this update, and the last one. Kris is so perfect. You're getting my hopes up that a guy like this actually exists. ahhh. hahah.

    Great job Jay, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that was hot to read
    like, kris, hair everywhere, sweaty, naked. ....
    yeahhh, you get it,
    good job!

    ReplyDelete